Infinity Systems CS3006 Floorstanding Speakers

4.58/5 (12 Reviews) MSRP : $899.00

8" woofer, 5" midrange, 1" tweeter

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 26, 2009

Bottom Line:
I just bout a pain Infinity CS- 3006 from My local Salvation Army . I reformed both driver's and both mid,s !
I'm Driving them with a Tangent AMP -100 ! and the Tangent CDP-100 cd player with Audio Quest G-snake patch cord's. I'm still trying to find affordable bi-wire speaker,s. Ill finish my review when I track down some cable !

I will say this there are lots of great deal out there !!
Any questions just email me ? Ill do my best to help !!

Submitted by sparkinark a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 12, 2005

Bottom Line:
Just a FYI for anyone who owns these Crescendo speakers ---- they like LOTS of power. Plus, even though they are nominally rated at 8 Ohms, they do dip to around or less than 4 Ohms at certain frequencies, especially in the low range.

If you own these and think they are just so-so, you are fooled -- they are extremely nice speakers. Try pairing them up with something like a Bryston 3BST or, even better, 4BST, and you'll see that even the smallest of the series (we use them for surround speakers) likes 100+ Watts, 200 Watts is even better. I run them with two Linn LK280's (80W@8Ohms, 160W@4Ohms) and they are amazing. I use one LK280 per speaker and bi-amp.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by 2Broke4This a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2004

Bottom Line:
So I stopped by a local pawn shop that I frequent, assuming there would be nothing new. I walked in and saw these speakers. I was shocked to see how low the price was and naively assumed that they must have been the one line of Infinity speakers that weren't all that special. Wow, I was mistaken! I have them bi-wired to my Technics SA-AX6 in my bedroom, and they sound amazing to me. The much larger floor speakers (old Acoustic Response 12 inch) that had been in here are on their way out the door now, and I am a truly happy camper. I have not hooked them up to any digital sources (the Technics is all analog), but I imagine they would sound even better. As it is, I'm hearing more of my music than ever before. I highly recommend to anyone who finds a pair of these to purchase them and run. I can't imagine paying full price for anything, but then again, I am a poor college kid. I'm not sure what value rating to give them for the MSRP because I've never been in the position to spend that kind of money. For me, they were a ridiculous bargain and probably would be a bargain at 5 times the price.

P.S. If you really want to know how much I paid, email me. I just don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Purchased At:   Pawn Shop

Submitted by Sam a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 26, 2003

Bottom Line:
My dad bought a pair of CS3007 way back when they still sell them in Circuit City, I had wanted a pair for myself every since. Finally I found a pair one day at the Electronic Flea market, it was not in the greatest condition as it was dusty and a bit dirty, and the bottom have some small chip, but over all they're in good condition. I don't think the guy really knows what he have, I talked it down to 90 bucks and prompted walked away with them. When i got home I hooked them up and compare it to the 3007, which have an extra 8" woofer. To my suprised the 3006 really didn't sound all that different. The bass impact is less obviously from having 1 less woofer but the sound clarity that made the Crescendo series so famous and lovable is still there. the EMIT-R tweeter is absolutely magical, midrange and depth is quite good. The only thing you really need is powerful amp to drive these things (The difference switching from a 60w per channel 13 year old Kenwood Amp to a 100w per channel Kenwood V407 was simpily staggering), and the bass could be stronger. But I suspect my amp and my other equipment are not probing near where these speakers are capable yet.
Now... where do I find a pair of 3007 or 3008? ;-)

Purchased At:   Flea Market

Submitted by Lee DaVito a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
Have previously owned Infinity since 1993. when I came across these,I took a double take. went for a closer look and a very determined listen.these were completely mint...appeared to have just come out of the box. I cant believe I found these in a pawn shop. I listened to 2 music tracks as I had already demo'd these several years ago and was sold on them. it didn't take much to sell me this time. they went home with me.

Purchased At:   midwest exchange paw