Infinity Systems Crescendo CS-3007 Floorstanding Speakers

4.62/5 (13 Reviews)

Submitted by CesarDiaz a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2008

Bottom Line:
Great reviews by eveyone, I too believe these Infinity CS 3007 Speakers to be one of the best sounding speakers I have heard. I bougt three sets when I worked for Circuit City and they gave us a vendor deal, I got one for me and one for my best friend ,and for brother in Law as well, and we all love them.

The Bass response is a bit weak if the speakers are bridged with the plates that allow one amp to drive them, but if you bi-Amp them the bass response out of the 4 8" subs is amazing. I did not want to spend a bunch on a second amp and just used an old 80's Kenwood 100 amp unit to drive the subs only and it works amazing. You could probably pick up a unit on ebay for no more then 200. It's clean, and drives the subs with plenty of power left over.

I use a high end Kenwood reciever for the mids and Highs and the system is well balanced.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by W. Edwards a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2007

Bottom Line:
These Infinity Crescendo were purchased new for only $500.00 (for the pair). I found them in a small audio shop in southern California about 5 years ago setting in the back of the shop unopened. When I got them home I installed them in a system using a Pioneer Elite VSX49 TXi to power them using the Bi power configuration. They worked out great. I install a pair of SpeakerCraft BassX 10 to get the Low to macth. I think I made a good pair of speakers great. I use them in my system to this day. I don't know of a better pair of speakers out there for the money I have in these. I see them selling for $300.00 on Ebay. I Still feel I got mine for a bargan.

Submitted by Scott Coleman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2007

Bottom Line:
I love my 3007's. I bought them back in the 90's when I worked for Circuit City. The problem I'm running into now is finding an affordable replacement. I've been looking for some in-wall speakers to replace my 3007's and my infinity center channel but to get speakers that sound anywhere close to as good, I'll need to spend around $1800 each for them. I'm only looking to replace them to reclaim some floor space. To get the most out of the 3007's, you definitly need a good reciever with at least 100 watts per channel. If you're able to get an additional amp, these speakers sound outstanding when their bi-amped. (use a seperate amp for the two 8" woofers and the reciever for the other speakers in the box) I was never able to buy a second amp but I tried it once in the store and it sounded awesome. In summary, if you can get a pair for less than $500, I'd gram them up. I have several friends that bought them when I did, they've since sold them and haven't been able to find anything they're happy with since.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by theoracleprodigy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 6, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have already left a post so I’ll make this one brief. These speakers have an amazing treble/midrange sound and can go up to 35 but on the bottom end they only go down to 45. So here is the fix, well at least what I did. I went to parts express and picked up some peerless 8' 831709 CC speakers. Now keep in mind this will cost almost $200 with shipping, but now you can have a speaker range of 35-25 at a +-2db range. Now how many other speakers can even come close to matching that? If you want there are other choices too but for the price I don’t think there are many better choices. One advantage is that it seems to mach almost identical to the stock speaker sound except it has an expanded range.

Purchased At:   udib

Submitted by charnetchevalier a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
I recently picked up a second pair of the CS 3006 for my surrounds. I found the price attractive, now having these speakers front and back. I have used the 3007 on the mains with it's extra woofer. The Denon is a 7.1 channel audio processor. I have a rear channel in the back wall, Infinity ERS 800, which contains an 8" woofer and the authenic EMIT series k tweeter. All my other speakers use the emit-r, which is not at all bad in a home theater system.
I do perfer the EMIT ribbon tweeters used on older and higher-end Infinity models, yet for home theater, these speakers seen to offer good balance between the cheap " Best Buy" speakers usually found in single receiver processor systems and the high-end seprates, costing ten times as much, at least!
With a mid-quality unit, like the Denon 3802, one can get the full theater sound effect with this unit by adding outboard bass amps, such as the NAD 2400 THX I use. Several other models will work just as well, but it is a good idea to find one that has gain controls on the power amplifier. With the Denon and my two pair of Infinity CS 3006, a Kappa vidio 2 and a rear channel for DTS ES or THX EX, provides me with the quality of home theater to satisfy my desires. Several good subwoofers go well with this system. The nice thing is that most of these products can be found at a great savings on the used market!

Purchased At:   eBay