Infinity Systems IL50
Description: video-shielded frequency response 32-22,000 Hz (±3dB) 8-ohm impedance sensitivity 88 dB handles up to 150 watts 250-watt subwoofer amp with adjustable Bass Optimization System vinyl finish

Submitted by Don a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2013

Bottom Line:
This is for anyone looking to upgrade their system for a bargain price. the Infinity Interlude series got a bad rap because you need to take the time to set them up correctly. first you will need the RABOS kit and Good electronics otherwise they will sound like crap. these speakers can be had for $200-$400 online, E-bay or Craigslist. If you can pair them up with a used Carver or Rotel or even an Adcom 5 channel amp and a tuner pre-processor for about $1200 total you could have a system that will make your friends and relatives wonder where you got the money for this stuff. the Infinities need an AMP with Balls not a wimpy receiver. follow these rules and you will have years of enjoyment. I've had my system since 2004 and I wouldn't trade it if I had 3 x the money to spend.

Submitted by Ted A Piano a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2013

Bottom Line:
I just got done reading all 78 reviews and couldn't believe all the negative comments. I have had these IL50s for 10yrs now and in those 10yrs have replaced all the electronics twice.. currently using Marantz AV8801 & MM8077 (pre/pro,amp) with a oppo 105, VPI Turntable ,Furman & Richard Grays power conditioners Infinity ES-250 surrounds (rear,side) IL36c center plus a Infinity Intermezzo 1.2s subwoofer Over $10,000 in electronics Paid about $2500.00 for the infinity setup 10yrs ago,anyway the speakers are the only thing I haven't updated WHY because they sound fantastic when dialed in and YES you do need the RABOS kit but the 1.2s sub came with it. So I know this review is 10yrs late but if someone is looking to pick up a pair off of ebay or such and stumbles on this review GRAB THEM providing they are in good shape Mine look as good as the day they were purchased back in 2003 and I have never had a problem with them though I did have to replace the amp on the intermezzo sub about 1mo after purchase but infinity sent me a new amp and I swapped it out no problems in 10yrs since.

Submitted by Don DeOrio a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2012

Bottom Line:
I purchased these from ebay and paid $468 shipped I couldn't believe I got these for so little. I have had them since 2004 and have them paired up with IL 10 and IL25C center. First these are finicky speakers but when you take the time to set them up right WOW. when I first got them I was using a Denon AVR 1608 reciever and it's true they didn't sound spectacular. soon after I bought a Rotel Pre-amp Processor and a used AV705X 5 channel power amp. the difference in sound was amazing the dynamics, soundstage and tonal quality rival speakers costing $3000.take the time to set them up right and you will be very pleased. You still find them used on Ebay, buy them and do what I suggest and you will have Champagne sound for beer cost!!!

Submitted by ted a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2009

Bottom Line:
My father purchased there speakers from Circut city back wheb they where selling them to replace his 20 year old bostons.

These speakers where GREAT sounding driven from a yamaha amp of the same age as the bostons.
So they sat until about 2 months ago when i added them to my PC works/ laptop driven sound system and they seem to sound not as good but i am sure that its just the set-up.

Great speakers!!

Submitted by NeilsdDunn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2009

Bottom Line:
The big plus is that they are all in one, the sats, the sub and the amp. The down side is the bass control which if not properly managed is overpowering as compared to the sats even with a great external amp powering the sats which to me are a bit dull. They look classy, but are heavy.