Infinity Systems 100.1SE Floorstanding Speakers

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

10" Subwoofer, IMQ Woofer Cone, 225W Power Handling

Submitted by chas a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2001

Bottom Line:
I brought two of these subs due to their low low price. The cashier messed up, that's how come they were $50 a peice. They should have been $75 on sale, which is still reasonable seeing as people like Crutchfeild charge $179.99. But after hooking them up, i was really surprised! they hit really well, and I only had 150 watts a peice on the from the mono block of the infinity 255a (which has been sent back due to small problems). These subs could easily take the full 250 watts and have a problem. There are better subs - for much more money - so if you find a good deal on them such as I did, please pick some up, you'll thank me later!

Purchased At:   aafes

Submitted by Kurts a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 26, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought these skeptical of Infinity's ability to be in the car audio market. I custom built my own box to the cubic displacement ont he spec sheet. I was truely amazed at how these speakers out performed my previous MTX speakers (thunder 6000's). This is some of the most accurate and tight base response I have ever received from a subwoofer. I did use the same amp and capacitor setup to compare the MTX to the infinities (trying to keep it an apples to apples type setup). These infinities however were not meant to be block rockers (but they can easily be setup that way), they tend to be more for the audiophile. They hold up to sounding realistic so long as you match them up to a great component set of speakers, and don't pump up the base so high. I'm only using a sony Xplode 1002hx amplifier (520 x 1 watts peak, 280 x 1 rms). These speakers make great use of this power, so they are fairly efficient as well. I recommend this speaker if you're more of an audiophile type of person. If you are a db drags type of person or want more boom, then get the Kappa Perfects, they can take the excursion and wattage needed for that sort of thing. They still get only 4 stars because their Kappa Perfect cousins can also out do them when it comes to audiophile performance, but like I said these have the best bang for buck.

Purchased At:   AAFES