Green Mountain Audio Continuum 2 Floorstanding Speakers

Submitted by Eric a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 25, 1999

Bottom Line:
These are very nice speakers indeed. They are a 12" three way systems with a fully adjustable midrange and tweeter system. Each of the drivers is housed in it's own enclosure and can be moved up and down and left and right on an aluminum pole that is attached to the subwoofer cabinet. All of the crossovers are 1st order to keep time and phase coherency (sp?) throughout the entire system. Whether in the high-gloss black finish or stained oak finish, these speakers look beautiful. The sound is also incredible. Roy Johnson has left it to the consumer to decide and determine the best alignment of the drivers, to be as adaptable to any listening room/theater as possible. It seems like with every new speaker he designs and builds, the quality of musical reproduction gets better. I have heard many CD's and records on these speakers, and all I can say is "I wish I could afford a pair". The soundstage that these babies throw out is incredible. It is wide and very deep. I listened to an LP of the "Fairfield 4" on these when Roy was first trying to design them, and work the bugs out and I thought that the Fairfield 4 were actually doing a concert in the listening room. I could tell that there were 4 different singers and I could pinpoint in "space" where each one was. They are in a word "remarkable". I have also heard that there will be a review of these in an upcoming issue of "Audio Review" magazine. So check it out. 5 stars!

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile