Epos Acoustics ES30 Floorstanding Speakers

4.67/5 (3 Reviews) MSRP : $3995.00

Submitted by AndyBrady a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
The new price of these speakers is £2900. These speakers were initially advertised at £1500 at Audio-T, but then came down to £890 as they were not selling. They are second hand but are almost perfect condition. The finish is supposedly walnut, but I would not be surprised if it is really dark cherry.

I am driving them with a 12 year old Exposure XV integrated which is probably one of only a few amplifiers that could drive these speakers. The speakers should really use pre/power and are capable of being tri-amped. I am using Chord Ruma 4 cable.

Sound-wise, I am blown away. The detail is excellent and the bass low and tight. Compared to a friends Rogers LS55, virtually everything is better. I imagine pre/power would bring some improvement to the bass definition. As it is I cannot complain. To be honest, I cannot imagine ever having to buy another pair of speakers (but I have said that before). At £2900, the speakers would have been reasonable vfm. At £890, they are a bargain. I am very lucky that I happened to have the amplifier to drive them, as to really do them justice, I would have to spend at least £2000 on new amplificition.

Purchased At:   Audio-T secondhand

Submitted by pob a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
I used to have ES14'a, which were outstanding for their price. Now i have these ES30s, i am blown away by their sound.

Epos are renowned for their midband clarity, but the treble and bass are also superb. They can be bought for as little as £800 if you look around. I do not believe these speakers can be touched at that price (at one stage they were £2900 new)

They are meant to be driven by several power amps, but i have a single power amp, and they sound fantastic. Can't imagine how they will sound when i upgrade my amps.

I listen to varying types of music, and am yet to find a weakness.

Purchased At:   Second Hand

Submitted by Dave a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2001

Bottom Line:
An excellent speaker, particularly if partnered with high quality equipment. These speakers work best with 6 (six) mono power amps, but can be driven with a single integrated stereo amp.

Purchased At:   Direct from Manufacturer