Epos Acoustics ES12 Floorstanding Speakers

4.18/5 (22 Reviews) MSRP : $1095.00

2 way bookshelf w/ 6in woofers, 1in tweeter

Submitted by Elton Law a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2012

Bottom Line:
These are probably the best bookshelf speakers I have owned next to Acoustic Energy AE100 bookshelves. Foe value for money they are unbeatable. Neutrality is outstanding, tremendous mid range which tehy are renowned for. Punchy bottom and the fluid cooled tweeters make the treble sound so sweet. Outstanding build qaulity, easy to drive and dynamic sound. Very life like...

Submitted by bboy79 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2003

Bottom Line:
Sound spectrum is good, instruments are placed good, good round bass, Also good high !

Submitted by Thames a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
I got this speaker to replace the es 11, feel that this speaker has better high than the 11. however this speaker is more fussy with cabling and amp, avoid bright sounding system.
It need more power, using a 100 watter onix 120 power from the exposure 17 pre.
Point to note, biwiring and its speaker stand is a must to enhance its performance

Purchased At:   Singapore

Submitted by Marko Virtanen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
Previously I owned kef q35 with target stands and model 90 centre speaker boosted with rel storm. I loved q35 for their sound stage but their treble sounded dark. I bought a pair of target stands for 25$(A bargain even though they were used).
So I had a pair of flowerstands with sand filling and spikes. I was going to buy the gradient preludes(800$) or amphion argons which are a great statment where Finnish speaker design is. After I sold my Kef system for 500$
I saw an add selling es12 for 500$(a demo pair). So what made me choose a pair of speakers which I have never heard
box 24mm mdf(most speakers have only 16mm), real veneer(kefs had vinyl)finish, dual magnet aluminium tweeter(might go higher than kefs 19mm soft dome), Simple crossover(different). When I got them I was stunned they looked great(light cherry) and the back bi wire bananas -WHAT?!? no one told me that they can't be wired normally, luckily I had a pair of cable talk 3.1bi. The plugs i Had weren't original and sucked deep so I made ones of my own and gold plated the 5$ each.
Sound was stunning similar to the kefs but sounded better and more open. For the first hours I was eeried in every album i played due to the fact that all the little sounds were so present and clear(try cCounting crows, This desert life track 6 High Life;) Due to the fact I have a subwoofer
I usually add more wool to my speakers so their tuning frequency goes more smoother low and bass level drops. What I found inside was a great deal of good thinking. The bass driver is intengrated to the front waffle and is made of acoustically damped material(doesn't resonate). The tweeter looked serious also. The crossower, simple 1st oder one big polyester capasitor for the tweeter, bass straight wired.
The box is sturdy and with the internal brasing won't live with the music. I tested these speakers with my dads ampflier few moths ago conclusion my amp sucks(I'm so shamed that I can't tell wha it is). With 340W to 8ohm high-end amp you don't need a sub(these go deep enough with a good amp but not DEEP like storm). The new model m12 sounds like es 12 only with different tweeter mdf back and cheaper price.

Purchased At:   tl audio

Submitted by surapong worasuwannark a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2001

Bottom Line:
good performance

Purchased At:   thailand