Eosone RSR350 Floorstanding Speakers

4.18/5 (11 Reviews)

Submitted by Chad a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 10, 2001

Bottom Line:
I am looking to buy one of these.

Submitted by John L a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2000

Bottom Line:
Please don't value the idiot who posted the review prior to this one. Who cares if the Eosone could not effectively market these speakers? That doesn't reflect the qualtiy of these speakers. When I first set out to buy a sound system I looked at every brand, everywhere and the Eosones were the best for the money. Tell me, do you really think that a company who takes time to make a surround speaker with a 6 1/2 inch woofer and two titanium coated tweeters angled opposite directions and a additonal tweeter in the rear and weighing 17 lbs would be of bad qualtiy??? I have the entire line of Eosones, front towers 600's which sound awsome, the center, and these surrounds with a Yamaha 1103 reciever.

Submitted by Brent J. a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 21, 1999

Bottom Line:
Well, I guess you got me, I thought the surrounds were dipolar too. But that point has nothing to do with what you're talking about. I never said the Eosones were audiophile speakers. If you have to wait for "fire sale prices" (remember you said you paid less than 50% of retail) to feel like you got a good deal on your speakers, something's wrong. And if you don't call it "going out of business", exactly what DO you call it when EVERYONE (remember Crutchfield was carrying Eosone also) drops your product line and your product isn't being made anymore? I know what I call it. An Eosone customer service rep told me that Eosone was its own company, and used its own speaker parts, Polk just manufactured the speakers. I disagree that Best Buy and Eosone weren't a good match, do you really believe Eosone would have done better at a higher end store? If you think that, then why didn't they just contract with the same vendors that sell Polk? In answer to :"Why sell mid-fi with slower sales when you can sell low-fi for tons of volume?" -Well, I'm pretty sure the guys at my local high end store are making a good profit, or they would go out of business like Eosone. Bottom line, I gave Eosones a fair try at home. I said the 200's and the surrounds were actually pretty good, but the 600's were bad. I'm sorry you're offended by my review, but my opinion is valid, as is yours.

Submitted by Greg a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 21, 1999

Bottom Line:
This is more of a response to the previous review:
First of all, the Eosone surround speakers are Bipolar, not Dipolar. (it's always best to check the facts before comments are made...) Secondly, while the 600's and 1000's are not audiophile, they were never meant to be. They were designed to be a hybrid for music and listening for the common person... Sure they're not worth their asking price, but anyone who pays full price in audio is dopey anyway. I purchased the 1000's for less than 500 a pair; ...and I believe _that_ is a good deal. Finally, Eosone didn't go "out of business." Eosone was a company owned by Polk, who asked Arnie Nudell to design a line that was Best-Buy compatible. (thus all the compromises in the speaker system.) Best Buy dropped the Eosone not because "they weren't selling" ... it's a simple case of profit for space. Why sell mid-fi with slower sales when you can sell low-fi for tons of volume... Eosone was doomed from it's conception... Mid-fi and Best Buy just don't mix.

The RSR350 surrounds hold up pretty well as dipolar surrounds in pro logic. Can't say about DD or DTS. They have gotten good reviews too. As for the rest of the Eosone line: 1)I own the 200 bookshelf pair, and they are excellent, no questions about it, the best value in the Eosone line. 2)I compared the 600's and the 1000's many many times, and I always felt the 600's were better. 3)I bought the 600's for $800/pr. after BB marked them down. I brought them home and they were awful, A/B comparisons with the 200's and a cheap sub (a $400 Cerwin Vega)weren't even close. The 200's + sub killed the 600's. And it wasn't because of the bass, it was because the 600's sounded so bad, no midrange and very muddy bass. They might pass for movies, but put in a disc and they really tank. 4)The company went out of business due to lack of sales. 5)If you find a pair of 200's, buy them. I'm not bashing Eosone, I really wanted to like the 600's, I planned to buy them for about a year. I ended up buying a pair of DefTech ProTower 400's for $1,100--light years ahead of the Eosones. I'm sorry, but there is a difference, no matter what your tastes are.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile