Eosone RSF600 Floorstanding Speakers

4.26/5 (27 Reviews) MSRP : $1100.00

Dipolar 3 way w/ 8in woofs, 4in mids, titanium tweeters

Submitted by AudioNut1962 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 24, 2009

Bottom Line:
I bought these speakers off Ebay for $250. I needed speakers to listen to while I had my B&W 802s serviced, which took about three months longer than it should have. There was a little cosmetic damage which I was able to disguise. The speakers are three way with twin 8 in. woofers and in addition to the 4 inch midrange and titanium tweeters up front have midrange and tweeters in the back, rear firing, which I imagine are an attempt to improve imaging. I was immediately intrigued by the Eosones' flat frequency response. Not flat sound, but consistently level response from the lows through the highs. I guess all that means is that the bass and treble knobs on my McIntosh C712 preamp are both at 12 o'clock, not the 10 and 2 o'clock I've had to use to adjust the B&Ws, but I like to think its an indication of something deeper. I've always thought that Polk speakers' highs are a little colored, even if beautiful for most types of popular music. The highs here are lovely and have no color at all as far as I can tell. As far as imaging, these speakers do an absoloutely amazing job in the awkward spot I've had to use them in my little house. The only real fault I can find with them is a little bit of color at the very low end when listening to rock n' roll. Its not there when I listen to classical. Many people who listen to rock will actually prefer the color in the low end, my friends generally do. Its still very tight bass. The music is beautiful.
My $4000 B&Ws have returned from the shop, but they're not hooked up.
Other equipment I own for comparisons' sake include a McIntosh 275 power amp and Sony SACD player. Its a nice setup that definitely brings out the best of the Eosones, but the B&Ws, which are kick ass speakers that the experts love, had the same advantage, and I like the Eosones better.

Submitted by SirCharles73 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2004

Bottom Line:
These were good speakers, especially if you got them when Best Buy was closing them out. When I first got them one of the speakers had a slight hiss to it. Best Buy exchanged it for another that worked great. As others have said, it does lack somewhat in the bass. However, I have a Velodyne sub to pick up where my 600's lack and it works very nicely.

Strangely, the bass or lack of, was what originally appealed to me. When I got them I lived in an apartment, where a lot of bass would cause problems with my neighbors.

Recently, I considered upgrading to a smaller satelite speakers. The satelites I've heard so far it would seem I'd have to spend about twice as much to get the same quality sound. I think I'll keep that 2 grand and put it toward an upgrade worthwhile.

Submitted by John a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2001

Bottom Line:
I listened to a pair of the Rsf1000's over 5 years ago and I really wanted a pair unfortunately the $2000+ Best Buy wanted was too much for me at the time and like most people I didn't want to spend that type of money at Best Buys anyway. I did go ahead and buy the 5 speaker and sub satellite system that worked great. Months later when they were going out of business I looked over 3 states to find some 1000's but they were all gone. I purchased the last pair of rsf 600's and never looked back! Matched with the satellites as surrounds and center channel with the sub for LFE my system sounded nearly as good as those costing $$$$ more in the audiophile stores. I have since purchased the rsf 200's (for rear duty) and the center channel and it sounds GREAT. I don't profess to be an audiophile but I know what sounds good. I listened to the Def Tech, paradigm and others that may with certain types of music have a very slight advantage but barely noticible. Becoming more experienced in home theater I have changed ever component twice in 3 years to the tune of the cost of a NEW CAR but I can't find ANY speakers that rival the sound without spending at least $3000-$4000. The speakers do need a good subwoofer for HT so I did purchase a DEF TEC to compliment the sound and the black lacquer finish; I think that I'm done with speakers for a while. I know that within the next year I plan on revamping the HT again with HDTV and 6.1 or 7.1 but right now the Eosone will definitely be the last to go if at all!

Maybe I just need to find more Eosone speakers for the additonal duty in the rear!

Submitted by Robert Williams a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2001

Bottom Line:

This was a standout in 1996. Plenty of unexaggerated bass and superb clarity. A significant step up from our large Genesis speakers and a much more compact design. The speakers need to be placed about 20–25 cm away from the rear wall. Our speakers sit on a 14-foot-wide wood floor with no central bracing (a great low frequency sounding board) and a subwoofer would be overkill. The speakers are driven by a 110 watt/channel amplifier (Kenwood KR-V7040). This is not adequate for ear-bleed rock, but more than adequate for classical and jazz.

Submitted by Ryan H. a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2000

Bottom Line:
Overall, I'm quite satisfied with these speakers. The cabinet is constructed of extremely high-quality materials, and still looks new, despite being moved several times. These speakers sound very good with acoustic guitar, classical, and vocal music. They disappoint me when I want to crank up some good old rock and roll, although a good subwoofer goes a long way to complement them.

Purchased At:   Best Buy (open box)