Entec 100K Floorstanding Speakers

4.5/5 (4 Reviews) MSRP : $100000.00

Powered woofer column, full range ribbon

Submitted by Spankinit a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
I can't believe how good these sound!! Everything is sooooo much better. I'm hearing details in my recordings that I've never heard before. OUTSTANDING Value and performance.

Purchased At:   Local Audio Shop

Submitted by Clarence a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
Best pair of $100,000 speakers I ever bought. Leif Garrett never sounded better. Highly recommended.

Submitted by Richie Rich a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2001

Bottom Line:
These are the greatest!! Bought a pair of these for the garage. The better speakers are in the house of course. Gadds, these beauties are a bit bassy. It could be the sound bouncing between the BMW and the Porsche. I guess I'll need to get rid of the BMW. Excellent sound for the money. I highly recommend a pair.

Purchased At:   Flea Market

Submitted by Alfred a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 17, 1997

Bottom Line:

Sound Quality

The system was a Levinson amp and cd player, and a Krell preamp with Transparent reference cables and interconnects. These speakers had better imaging than I don't know what. I swear when I cosed my eyes I thought I was in a concert hall. The sound was flawless, no noise, bass was literally scary. Highs were astoundingly smooth. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. The best speakers I have ever heard.

Final Verdict

Well, for $200000 what else can you say? These better be the best damn speakers around. Sounded truly magical, but for the price, I mean, you buy adequate speakers for $170000 less. That is kind of ridiculous. I'm an audiophile and have been for over 30 years, and I spend most of my money on extremely high-end stuff, so I'm not biased against spending tons of money on audio products. But if I had this much money I'd spend it on the Wilson WAMMs for 10% of the Entecs, buy a Levinson amp and CD player, a Krell preamp and a new house. That can provide 99% of what a system with speakers could do, and a new house isn't bad.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile