Energy Speaker Systems C-300
Description: <ul> <li>System Type: Bass Reflex, Rear Vented</li> <li>Frequency Response: 40Hz-20kHz +/- 3 dB</li> <li>Recommended Amplifier Power: up to 125 watts</li> <li>Sensitivity (anechoic): 89dB</li> </ul>

Submitted by Hughy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2015

Bottom Line:
I have owned these for over 4 years and I have been quite pleased with them for HT and some music. For their price point the C-300s are perfectly respectable and balanced full-range speakers. They're also probably much better than the vast majority of the $250/pair speakers in their price range. They can't compete with most speakers costing hundreds more but they can hold there own with others in their price range. I have owned Wharfedale diamond 9.4's that get lots have great reviews and I prefer and still own the C300's. The quality of build for the money is very good,with solid well made cabinets, grills and drivers. In fact the drivers are not all that different than what you will find in the costlier connoisseur series. They are quite efficient and don't require loads of power to drive. In my opinion they offer very good value for your $, probably more bang for your $ than the Veritas v1.8's that I also happen to own and that cost over 10 X more. Don't get me wrong the 1.8's sound awfully good just not 10x better.

Submitted by vjw a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 28, 2011

Bottom Line:
I have always had great success with Energy speakers, from their budget priced Encore to their top of the line Veritas. However, this speaker could only be purchased online, so live auditioning was not possible. With the success I had with Energy, I didn't think that I could go wrong with purchasing another pair, unseen and unauditioned. Boy, was that a big mistake! When they arrived, I immediately hooked them up with great anticipation. After over a year of listening to them, I can honestly say they are the most horrible sounding speakers that I have ever encountered. A total waste of money and time unpacking them. They were only marginally better than the TV speakers. And I mean only marginal. This is my last purchase from Energy. I don't think they have the capability to manufacture quality speakers anymore.