Eminent Technology LFT-VI Floorstanding Speakers

Loudspeaker

Submitted by Martin B a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
These speakers are the best linear field transducer technology speakers I have heard to date. Extreme clarity, accurate tonal/timbre reproduction and superior imaging over the entire frequency range.
You will definitely need an amp capable of delivering at least 150 watts per side in order for these speakers to perform at their best.

Submitted by Randall Vogt a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 11, 1999

Bottom Line:
I've owned a number of planar speakers overt the thirty years I've been an audio buff: Maggies, Audiostatic, ET LFT 8's, perhaps more I can't recall at present. These are the ones I like the best, but within these parameters: 1. subwoofer is mandatory; 2. they only play at 95db (which is doggone loud!) in a moderartely large room; 3. they need plenty of power, at least 150wpc. I'm not good at describing sound without resorting to dimwit audiophile cliches. I love 'em. The manufacturer is topnotch in customer service. Contrary to what a lot of audio guys say, they are easy to place in a room, althought I don't think they'd do well in a small room. However a room with a low ceiling (above 6-8 though) will sound OK. Without a sub they are too thin sounding, to my 49 year old ears.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile