Eltax Linear Response 8.6 Tower Speaker Floorstanding Speakers

This great floor standing loudspeaker is supplied with a chamber for sand filling, resulting in an improved resonance dampening. This is absolutely a sound improving detail in the Linear Response series. The LR 8.6 is formidable as Hi-Fi loudspeaker or as front loudspeakers in surround sound systems. We recommend using them in localities up to 60 square meters. You will get the final finish in sound and design with Eltax spikes, these are not included but additional.

Submitted by Neil a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2007

Bottom Line:
I fancied a pair of speakers that would surpass my actual needs, more powerful than I was ever going to require, apart from the odd moment when I wanted to blow the roof off my house. The salesman at Richer Sounds in Sevenoaks recommended these, omitting to tell me one very important thing.

I was horribly disappointed when I got these home. I plugged then into a NAD C370 and couldn't believe how flat and dull they sounded, so much so that I hardly used them again for a couple of years.

Recently I started using them again and I'm astonished that every time I do they get better and better, I wasn't aware that they'd need "running in".

Several years after I bought them I am in love with their ability to deliver crisp, heavy, powerful sound. I love a wide variety of music; from Rachmaninoff to The Prodigy, everything sounds superb through these.

Purchased At:   Richer Sounds

Submitted by kobi a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2002

Bottom Line:
. For such price I have not found that which can be put beside. They have very good balance. They need the large space for good reproduction of a sound. They have very good division between high and low freq. the bass sounds amazingly at low power. Sounding very exact. Interestingly that it is necessary to fill by their sand then to hear as they sound. After two months the sound became more open and warm. Sound perfectly with jazz, classical, vocal music.

Purchased At:   --