Eltax Linear Response 4.6 Bookshelf Speaker Floorstanding Speakers

The small beauty with the full sound! This small masterpiece of a two-way speaker is formidable as Hi-Fi loudspeaker or as front loudspeakers in smaller surround sound systems. You can also get a perfect sound as rear loudspeakers in bigger surround sound systems. We recommend using them in localities up to 40 square meters. You will get the final finish in sound and design with the Eltax stand, this is not included but additional.

Submitted by Chris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
When compared to my main speakers (Dynaudio Contour 1.3) the Linear Response 4.6 speakers do a very good job. The Dynaudio speakers may play a little lower bass and have an oveall sound that these don't match; but for the price they are a bargain!

I'm using 4 of these + one Linear Response Center speaker i my home theater system and the sound is absolutely great. When using a subwoofer for the LFE-channel you get an output level and a clear sound that is most convincing and hard to fault.

Purchased At:   Online store

Submitted by Peter a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2001

Bottom Line:
Amazing quality speaker at a ridiculous $100 a pair (discount price, out of collection). Had never heard of Eltax before when I came across these. I would have paid double the price, now heaving heard them extensively.
Did some research and decided to buy two pairs at a time. I use them as main speakers in my bedroom and will probably as rear speakers in my living room.