Egglestonworks Ivy Floorstanding Speakers

EgglestonWorks' Flagship - (9)12" Woofers, (12)6" Mids and (2)1" Cloth Dome Tweeters

Submitted by Chris Tompson a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
With this speaker you don't need a subwoofer, you don't need a center channel, you don't need surround speakers, and you don't need good hearing for these speakers to soothe your mind. Wow where do i start, um my system is 2 Ivys for front speakers, 2 fontaines for left & right surrounds, and 2 isabels for rear left & right surrounds, and two velodyne HGS-15s. I have the Lexicon MC-12 balanced controller, and their LX-7 flagship amplifier, and the Denon DVM-4800 (I'm waiting for the new DVD-9000 to come out. And I spent about $300,000 on it. I had to sell my three precious mercedes and get a honda. But it was worth it. The Statement Eª is absolutly nothing compaired to the Ivys. The ivys are the heart of my system. Take an Andra at put it on massive amounts of steroids and the result is the ivy. Egglestonworks makes the most fabulous speakers in the world.

Purchased At:   private seller

Submitted by Giovanni a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2000

Bottom Line:
I do not own this product - I wish! I got a chance to hear it at CES '99. The soundstage was incredible and the imaging was maybe the best I ever heard.

The guys at EW also were very gracious to my requests to hear some specific tracks of music.

I hear that Bob Ludwig at Gateway Mastering in Maine has a pair of these with 4000wpc of amplification powering them!!!!! That must be an incredible system.

They cost $100000 which is out of this world, but if you can afford the best this is the speaker to get. I tried to figure out straight materials cost on a pair of these with 23 drivers per side, and the price might be right on.

Anyway, if you get a chance to hear a pair of these - DO NOT PASS IT UP!