Egglestonworks Isabel Floorstanding Speakers

4.67/5 (3 Reviews) MSRP : $2900.00

The Isabel is a small monitor of the highest caliber with respectable low frequency response. It is available with a base that makes it stand as tall as the Rosa or the Andra; however, it is not nearly as deep.

Submitted by slal a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought these 4 months ago. I am using a Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX receiver to drive them. I have a very difficult placement. They are on cabinets about 8 ft high only 2-3 ft from the back wall with some sheet rock above. I have compared them Sonus Faber Concertos in this setup. The big difference was that the Eggleston's were far more detailed. Particularly in the highs, probably due to the Esotar tweeter. The mid-bass which also much better defined and more impactful. The Concertos did a better job of projecting into the room (maybe because it is front-ported). The vocals were a little better and it was a little warmer. I really preferred the outstanding definition of the Eggleston Works speakers. The biggest issue in my setup is soundstage depth, but that my just be because of a difficult placement. I am giving it 4 stars because there are things which could be better, but that also may just be a placement issue.

Submitted by Dave Ostrander a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2001

Bottom Line:
These are wonderful two way monitors. These are not speakers, they are monitors. Very high caliber monitors. They can just as easily portray a full symphony as they can the subtle guitar plucks of a lonesome ballad. I auditioned many different monitors in hopes of finding an awesome sound, when I stumbled upon the Eggleston Works while on a trip to New York. I was stunned by their presence and ability to portray sounds that I had never heard before. They are very placement friendly and throw a huge soundstage. AUDITION THEM AND YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!

Purchased At:   Sound by Singer

Submitted by Manuel Gottlieb a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought a pair of Isabels,with stands, as rear channel speakers for the Egglestonworks Andras. Although they are supposed to require 100 watts per channel, I listened to them initially as main speakers, connected to the small 50 watt per channel integrated Teac amp I use to drive them as rear speakers, and they sounded lovely--clear, balanced and detailed. Out of curiosity I hooked them up to my front channel amps, Classe CAM-350 monoblocks, 350 watts per channel, and I was amazed at the size of the image and the detail they rendered. With the Classes, they even had a very respectable amount of lower bass, although as full range speakers, they probably would require a subwoofer. In short, they are typical Egglestonworks speakers: initially they seem a bit pricy for their size, but when you see the build quality and carefully listen to them, they compare very, very favorably to bigger, and more expensive, speakers. Very highly recommended.

Purchased At:   hifi farm