EFE Technology T-42 Floorstanding Speakers

Pair
  • The new T-42 rear ported MTM design (Mid-woofer / Tweeter / Mid-woofer) tower may be the speaker that meets all of your needs, for both music lovers and Home Theater buffs. From its unique cabinet design (curved sides) to its beautiful piano black lacquer finish coupled with the famous EFE TECHNOLOGY sound, everything about the new T-42 expresses quality! The newest edition to the EFE Imported Series of speakers proves audiophile quality does not have to cost an arm and a leg! No longer is audiophile sound reserved for the elite few that can afford it, even the low to mid-fi buyers can now enjoy all the benefits of a well designed pair of audiophile speakers at a price they can afford. The elegance and beauty of the new T-42 will surely get a two thumbs-up when it comes to the “wife approval factor” also, both for size and beauty. Let the T-42 put you at center stage!
  • Specifications
  • Speaker type:2way, 3driver rear ported tower speaker
  • Drivers:Woofer –Dual 6 ½” woven wool (8 ohm)
  • Tweeter - 25mm soft dome (8 ohm)
  • Frequency Range: 38Hz – 20kHz +/- 4db
  • Crossover:Second order – 3000Hz/12db per octave slope
  • Impedance:8 ohms
  • Sensitivity:89db /1watt/1 meter
  • Power rating:5 watts minimum 200 watts max (clean power)
  • Enclosure:5/8” MDF throughout – glossy piano black lacquer finish 1” solid base plate Gracefully curved cabinet sides
  • Dimensions:Height – 41.5” Width - Front 8” / Rear 5” Depth – 13” Base –8.75” W x 14” D
  • Weight:55 lbs. each
  • Warranty:3 Years parts & labor

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by gutschke a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2005

Bottom Line:
    After having listened to my new audio system for about six weeks now, I am very happy with my set of two T-42's, a C-20 center and two B-15 rear speakers. The whole set including Pro-ONE decoder and S/H cost just under $3000. I combined them with a SVS subwoofer, and this combination of speakers effortlessly fills my large living room with wonderfully accurately reproduced sound. Much to my chagrin, I am noticing the big downside of having good speakers: I can now tell how poor a lot of CD recordings are. With good recordings, though, my speakers are now a serious threat to my subscription to the symphony. And even a lot of my historic recordings are now starting to sound really good!

I have a very large collection of classical music, and my girl friend has a collection of historic jazz recordings. We are both blown away by just how realistic the audio is on good recordings.

I am glad I decided to buy the PRO-ONE decoder, too. After Ed helped me sort out one silly initial misconfiguration on my part, I now use it almost exclusively. It works great on DVDs, where I can put more emphasis on the center speaker. This way, I can clearly hear dialog, and I am still not getting overwhelmed by loud effects. And for CDs, the PRO-ONE does a quite amazing job of reproducing surround sound from a stereo recording.

In fact, the sound staging is amazing with these speakers. I can easily locate each individual instrument in a symphonic recording. And choirs feel as if the singers are right there in my living room. I was particularly thrilled listening to the first track on "The Falcon And The Snowman" soundtrack by Pat Metheny.

Of course the best part with the EFE speakers is that they are girlfriend-approved. She wants me to hide all the other stereo equipment and the subwoofer, but the EFE speakers can stay in plain view. In fact, the T-42's are the perfect match for our big TV. They have just the right height to both look and sound good.

And finally, Ed's customer support is exemplary! I love the prompt replies to all of my e-mails before I bought the speakers. And the fact that Ed is checking back after I have had the speakers for a while. It'll be a while before I'll need to buy any more stereo equipment, but I know I will consider looking at EFE products first.

Purchased At:   Ed Frias