EFE Technology T-22
Description: 2 Way Mini Tower (22"X9"X10"D)

Submitted by Old audiophile a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2008

Bottom Line:
After reading all the reviews of Ed Frias T22CF speakers, I purchased 2 T22CF's and 1 C2CF center channel. I've listened to allot of speakers over the years and I'm almost 60 yrs old, and BOY let me tell you..... These Speakers are Simply Amazing! I have never heard speakers that sound so real and alive, dynamic and Clean..... I seriously don't think these speakers can be beaten at any Price Peroid....they are that good....I know you ask....how can speakers that cost $2,000 beat speakers that cost upward of 5,000-8,000 well I don't Know? But just as everyone esle has said these speakers just bring tears to my eyes..... the soundstage is Huge and they simply disappear and I hear instruments so clearly it's really brought a huge improvement to my life......my wife who really never really listened to the sound system is now grossly involved and goes out and actually purchases CD's (believe me, this is something!) I came in from work the other day and my wife and the lady next door were sitting listening to music sipping wine! My wife finally agreed that the purchase of the 3 speakers T22CF and C2CF were the best purchase that I'd ever made (man she hatted to admit that) Ed Frias has a talent that some of the very very very expensive speaker mfg's just seem to miss......He builds a speaker (speakers) that simply sound LIVE and get out of the way of the Music! Don't hesitate to purchase any of his speakers..... I guarantee you it will be the best purchase you will ever make.....Just ask my wife!

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Ed Frias

Submitted by airballwall a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2007

Bottom Line:
I feel the need to add my 2 cents worth. I originally demoed the T-20 with dlowman, who also posted a review. They trashed my B&W 602 S3 seven channel surround system They made the B&W's sound cluttered and muddy. Since then I have the T-22CF in a 5.1 theater, the T-40 towers in a listening room, and a pair of T-20's that I am waiting to find a use for. I wish I could use them in my car, lol. These speakers may be the best purchase I have ever made. Every time I sit and listen, I feel such joy. Their clarity and soundstage fills the room with incredible depth. Each instrument and nuance of the music is clearly noted. I use a NAD T163 pre and the T973 seven channel amp. Recently I placed a MHDT Constantine DAC in the lineup for 2 channel music. This allowed the T-22CF to open up even further than I thought possible. I find myself relistening to media I haven't listened to in years and gaining greater appreciation. I am in the process of getting out my turntable and experiencing analog again. These speakers will never disappoint. They have added to the quality of my life. By the way, Ed Frias is as fine a man to deal with that you will find. I will never give up these speakers. Now if I could only find a pair of T-60's.

Purchased At:   Ed Frias

Submitted by lovesound a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2007

Bottom Line:
I learned about EFE (Ed Frias Enterprises) Technology while surfing the Internet, and the customer reviews of Ed’s products are so glowing that I felt practically driven to call him. Ed has been building speakers for a long time, and he told me that he stays in the business because he enjoys making people happy. Now that I own a pair of his speakers, I know exactly what he meant by that. I purchased his T-22CF (carbon fiber) speakers for my music system, and the first time I played the demo CD through them that Ed includes with his speakers, the sound literally brought tears to my eyes. Yes, they sound that good! They are the most accurate, dynamic and live-sounding speakers I have ever heard. Whatever the measure of speaker performance (musicality, accuracy, imaging, sound stage, speed, transparency, tonal balance, dynamic range, etc), these speakers deliver – in spades! They are one of the most gratifying purchases I have made in a long time. In addition, dealing with Ed was a genuine pleasure from start to finish. If you are in the market for truly exceptional (and exclusive) speakers, I suggest that you contact Ed Frias. You will NOT be disappointed! FYI, Ed’s contact information is: EFE Technology, Ed Frias, 668 West Lee Blvd, Prescott, AZ 86303-6753, Phone (928) 778-2616, e-mail efespeakers@commspeed.net.

Purchased At:   EFE Technology

Submitted by dlowman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2005

Bottom Line:
You want GIANT KILLERS!!! These are it. The absolute best speaker I have ever heard. If you are interested in buying the T-22 speaker. Do yourself a favor and buy the T-22CF's with the carbon fiber drivers. They are much more dynamic and have a HUGE soundstage. I have owned the AR DIY's designed by ED. I have owned the T-20 imports as well. They both compared to other speakers are an amazing deal. But to find something better you have to go with another EFE design the T-22CF. The midrange is soo smooth. The highs are exacly as they should be and are never harsh. The bass wow this thing will go down to a solid 40 hz easily. The only need for a subwoofer for these speakers is if you need the extra impact for movies etc.
I have left more than a few friends speechless with this setup. Buy one of these, and you will never own another speaker :)except your friends lol ;)

Purchased At:   EFE Technologies

Submitted by mac a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2005

Bottom Line:
I have been listening to these speakers for a few months now and they never cease to amaze me. These are absolutely the best speakers that I have heard in this price (and several times this price) and size range. I am using these for the fronts and 2 channel listening in a 5.1 surround system. These are the T-22CF speakers.

Hi res multi channel SACD and DVD/A is just a pleasure to listen to. With the C-2CF center channel, you have a perfectly timbre matched front stage. But they also bring a new depth to two channel music. They have an incredible soundstage, sounding much bigger than they truly are. I found that my subwoofer is not required on many of my music choices. Bass is unusually clean and tight. Paired with adequate amplification (at least 150 – 200 watts per channel), the T-22CF’s will easily beat a lot of floor-standing speakers. The speakers are a sealed cabinet design and rated at 4 ohms. I am driving them with 500wpc amps. They will play as loud as you can stand with crystal clear clarity as well as can be enjoyed at less than deafening levels with the same results and with no listening fatigue whatsoever.

Imaging is another strong point (I have yet to find a weak point!). I was listening to a 2 channel XRCD, Kenny G’s Breathless with my wife and she thought it was playing in 5.1! At times even I have caught myself getting up and making sure I didn’t accidentally push “5 Channel Stereo” on my Pre-Pro. These speakers simply disappear as you listen to them. Note decay is rapid and sounds very good as well. I know this has been said many times, but I could hear subtle background vocals as well as instruments that were extremely difficult to make out with all the other speakers I have heard. You can discern every instrument individually. No clutter whatsoever.

Vocals are reproduced with an exact realism and tonal balance. All the subtle nuances of both male and female vocals can be heard as never before.

Although Ed does not offer a trial period, it was no problem for me as I was aware of the magic he did with his crossover mod with BIC Venturi speakers I used to own years ago. Anyone that avoids doing business with him is simply missing out on some of the best speakers, especially for the price, that one has ever heard. He has an incredible talent for accurate music re-creation – not warm or bright, just right. Mr. Frias is always prompt to answer any questions for you, whether using email or talking to him personally on the phone.

Purchased At:   EFE Technologies