EFE Technology T-22
Description: 2 Way Mini Tower (22"X9"X10"D)

Submitted by Frank J. Utecht a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2015

Bottom Line:
Everything you see written about these speakers is true. Clear. np dostprtion. airy. sound of instruments accurately placed left to right and front to back, sound does not come from a box. Unless you own a pair of Allison IIs (as I do) you could spend multi-thousands and still not match the sound quality of these Frias' T-22s. I've not used them since 2007 when we moved to New Mexico so I'm selling them but oh, I wish I had someplace to set them up so I could keep them.

Submitted by Old audiophile a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2008

Bottom Line:
After reading all the reviews of Ed Frias T22CF speakers, I purchased 2 T22CF's and 1 C2CF center channel. I've listened to allot of speakers over the years and I'm almost 60 yrs old, and BOY let me tell you..... These Speakers are Simply Amazing! I have never heard speakers that sound so real and alive, dynamic and Clean..... I seriously don't think these speakers can be beaten at any Price Peroid....they are that good....I know you ask....how can speakers that cost $2,000 beat speakers that cost upward of 5,000-8,000 well I don't Know? But just as everyone esle has said these speakers just bring tears to my eyes..... the soundstage is Huge and they simply disappear and I hear instruments so clearly it's really brought a huge improvement to my life......my wife who really never really listened to the sound system is now grossly involved and goes out and actually purchases CD's (believe me, this is something!) I came in from work the other day and my wife and the lady next door were sitting listening to music sipping wine! My wife finally agreed that the purchase of the 3 speakers T22CF and C2CF were the best purchase that I'd ever made (man she hatted to admit that) Ed Frias has a talent that some of the very very very expensive speaker mfg's just seem to miss......He builds a speaker (speakers) that simply sound LIVE and get out of the way of the Music! Don't hesitate to purchase any of his speakers..... I guarantee you it will be the best purchase you will ever make.....Just ask my wife!

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Ed Frias

Submitted by airballwall a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2007

Bottom Line:
I feel the need to add my 2 cents worth. I originally demoed the T-20 with dlowman, who also posted a review. They trashed my B&W 602 S3 seven channel surround system They made the B&W's sound cluttered and muddy. Since then I have the T-22CF in a 5.1 theater, the T-40 towers in a listening room, and a pair of T-20's that I am waiting to find a use for. I wish I could use them in my car, lol. These speakers may be the best purchase I have ever made. Every time I sit and listen, I feel such joy. Their clarity and soundstage fills the room with incredible depth. Each instrument and nuance of the music is clearly noted. I use a NAD T163 pre and the T973 seven channel amp. Recently I placed a MHDT Constantine DAC in the lineup for 2 channel music. This allowed the T-22CF to open up even further than I thought possible. I find myself relistening to media I haven't listened to in years and gaining greater appreciation. I am in the process of getting out my turntable and experiencing analog again. These speakers will never disappoint. They have added to the quality of my life. By the way, Ed Frias is as fine a man to deal with that you will find. I will never give up these speakers. Now if I could only find a pair of T-60's.

Purchased At:   Ed Frias

Submitted by lovesound a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2007

Bottom Line:
I learned about EFE (Ed Frias Enterprises) Technology while surfing the Internet, and the customer reviews of Ed’s products are so glowing that I felt practically driven to call him. Ed has been building speakers for a long time, and he told me that he stays in the business because he enjoys making people happy. Now that I own a pair of his speakers, I know exactly what he meant by that. I purchased his T-22CF (carbon fiber) speakers for my music system, and the first time I played the demo CD through them that Ed includes with his speakers, the sound literally brought tears to my eyes. Yes, they sound that good! They are the most accurate, dynamic and live-sounding speakers I have ever heard. Whatever the measure of speaker performance (musicality, accuracy, imaging, sound stage, speed, transparency, tonal balance, dynamic range, etc), these speakers deliver – in spades! They are one of the most gratifying purchases I have made in a long time. In addition, dealing with Ed was a genuine pleasure from start to finish. If you are in the market for truly exceptional (and exclusive) speakers, I suggest that you contact Ed Frias. You will NOT be disappointed! FYI, Ed’s contact information is: EFE Technology, Ed Frias, 668 West Lee Blvd, Prescott, AZ 86303-6753, Phone (928) 778-2616, e-mail efespeakers@commspeed.net.

Purchased At:   EFE Technology

Submitted by dlowman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2005

Bottom Line:
You want GIANT KILLERS!!! These are it. The absolute best speaker I have ever heard. If you are interested in buying the T-22 speaker. Do yourself a favor and buy the T-22CF's with the carbon fiber drivers. They are much more dynamic and have a HUGE soundstage. I have owned the AR DIY's designed by ED. I have owned the T-20 imports as well. They both compared to other speakers are an amazing deal. But to find something better you have to go with another EFE design the T-22CF. The midrange is soo smooth. The highs are exacly as they should be and are never harsh. The bass wow this thing will go down to a solid 40 hz easily. The only need for a subwoofer for these speakers is if you need the extra impact for movies etc.
I have left more than a few friends speechless with this setup. Buy one of these, and you will never own another speaker :)except your friends lol ;)

Purchased At:   EFE Technologies