EAR/Yoshino LTD. Primary Drive Floorstanding Speakers

The Primary Drive Loudspeaker is a plane wave propagator with a dipole polar response. No damping material of any kind is employed. The Primary Drive uses three moving-coil drivers, two of Primary Drive design plus a conventional dome tweeter. The drivers are mechanically isolated from each other, in three separate modules. Power handling is 200 watts AES. Efficiency is 90dB (1w/1m).

Submitted by colin shim a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 15, 2011

Bottom Line:
Hi. I have been listening to Fine HiFi for over 35years now and have spent small fortunes on the upgading bug. but purchased these speakers on a wim..! The 2nd hand price was fair and they were the larger version so i went for it. I must admit being a bit dissapointed when I put them on my current system, but there seemed to be something there that could be special. So with a lot of trying various amps/ leads etc etc that i owned, about 2 weeks later, urika! I got the synergy right.. I own both valve & transistor equipment but if you dont get the mix right then the headaches start & the wallet empties. These room filling speakers are now here to stay! I found (for my taste) they needed a forward sounding amp with grunt to make them alive. This was a GREAT find for me, BUT i cant overstate that if you too find a rare pair then you may have to try a combination or two.... Fred.

Product model year:   2007