Dynaudio Gemini DIY kit Floorstanding Speakers

4.81/5 (16 Reviews) MSRP : $807.00

MTM kit speaker

Submitted by Daniel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 2, 2016

Bottom Line:
I use these speakers with es9018 dac and gu50/6e5p se tube amp or tripath tk2050 amp. Gemini's are Dennis Murphy alternative crossover equipped (siemens mkv tweeter crossover capacitor). First thing I noticed is holography. Speakers simply disappeared in my room. I use them in very small room 7m2, standing near the walls on the desk. I thought it is not possible in such small environment. They can take into recording, like in front of You was recording studio. Esotec D260 and 15W75's does their job really well. I know there are better speakers all around, but in this price used(about 350$ with alternate crossover) there are no competitors.

Submitted by jcadwell a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
This is just an update to a previous review. I have the Geminis, cabinets filled with a quart of Acoustic Magic each, internally wired with Monster Cable. I just purchased on the used market a Sony TAN 9000 5 channel amp. I use it in a bi-amp mode now with 2 channels on each side driving the mids and tweeters separately (get a y connector from Best buy for 5 bucks each) the 5th channel driving the center channel. I was using an Anthem Integrated 2 amp using just the power amp section driven by my Kenwood VR4090 receiver. The addition of the bi-amping is just remarkable. Soundstage is now HUGE with width and DEPTH like never before. Dynamics are STARTLING. Anybody who has these speakers with the Gemini Done Right crossovers should check them out with bi-amping. All you need are two identical stereo amps or the Sony TAN 9000 ES amp. I bought mine used for $425 and can't believe the improvement. This is truly a hot set up. I have owned these speakers now for over ten years and have never had the urge to upgrade. I am not sure what would be an upgrade from these.

Purchased At:   Madisound, Bamberg

Submitted by Walter T. a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2001

Bottom Line:
I´m listening to this speakers since the year 1991 (!) and I´m very impressed of this speakers. So I don´t have the permission to by any ohter Speaker to get a better sound impression.
In the last year, I changend the components of the crossover to the best coils and capacitors, available today and build the crossover outside of the speaker cabinet. The sondquality increased from the deep bass to the highest in a incredible way. I don´t want to miss this new crossover any further. So the quality of this speakers rises up to systems in the highest priceclasses of compact speakers.

Purchased At:   local dealer

Submitted by Kirby Gaal a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 21, 2001

Bottom Line:
I just sold my beloved Geminis to build a larger pair with more bass potential. Two days ago, after selling but not delivering my Geminis, I bought a Counterpoint tube/solid state amp and hooked it up to hear the difference, if any, that electronics makes. I'm floored! The Geminis opened up in detail like a much more high end speaker. Much closer to a Maggie or a Martin Logan than I thought they could ever be. If anyone tells you that electronics don't make any difference, don't believe it. I've thought that for more than twenty years of listening and have just been enlightened. Try it, especially if yours sound a little too bright.

Purchased At:   Madisound

Submitted by Willy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 4, 2000

Bottom Line:
'm still thinking that they're kidding w/ selling at this price. Sounds really good..especially the VOCAL ! works ok w/ small amp.....but sounds aweeesooommee w/ big amp....
try to use medium amp like classe ca-201....sounds really good...

this speaker is comparable to any other 'high-end' speaker....believe me....if i cover my eyes, i would think this is at least 4k speaker.