Dynaudio Evidence Floorstanding Speakers

Three-way Floor standing loudspeaker. Rear ported bass reflex modules; three separate chambers. Cone block aluminum Mid/High frequency chamber baffle.

Submitted by Dylan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
Wow! I listened to these speakers at a hifi store and the sound is breathtaking. If you ever want to cry to a CD, these will make you do it. I encourage anyone to locate a dealer for these and give them a good listen. True, these are out of the range for most people reading this but it is truly fun to listen. Anyway the only question to ask if you are buying this end of speakers is which company you like better, none of them really sound worse than one another.

Purchased At:   Local Hi-Fi Store

Submitted by Ron a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 2, 2001

Bottom Line:
I am pretty much in agreement with a previous post by John G. It seems that there are many folks out there who cannot make an objective observation once they become biased against a component for reasons of cost. These speakers are, for me, the final purchase. I simply cannot imagine that anything truly better (as opposed to just different) than these speakers will come along anytime soon. They are able, with the proper associated equipment, to present a musical event with the dynamics, scale, and soundstaging (the best I've ever experienced, period) of the real thing. Moreover, voices and instruments simply sound more realistic than I've experienced in any other system. The end result is a speaker that always "delivers the goods" no matter what type of music you care to listen to. I've been involved with audio for over 30 years now and, so, I don't say this lightly, but, I simply don't know of any other speaker that I'd rather own than the Evidence. I would humbly disagree with another previous commenter, Alan H., who said that associated electronics don't matter. I do agree that these speakers are so good that you could drive them with almost anything and get very good sound, but, if you want the very best they are capable of, you've got to lay out the long green. I'm using the ML 32 and 33 with Transparent Reference XL cabling and ever time I upgraded one of the components the sound improved significantly. Bottom line, if you are reading this as a serious potential buyer, you owe it to yourself to spend some time with these speakers. You won't be disappointed.

Submitted by Steve a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
Associated Equipment
Pre-Amplification: Dynaudio Arbiter Pre-Amp, Krell KPS25sc, Levinson No. 32
Amplification: Dynaudio Power Amp, Linn Klimax, Levinson No. 33h
Digital Source: Linn CD-12, Krell KPS25sc, Levinson No. 30.6/31.5
Analog Source: Basis Debut/Graham 2.2 tone-arm, Koetsu Onyx Platinum Cartridge
Room: 25x40 (no acoustic treatment as yet)

Let me start by saying in my limited time, listening to the Evidence loudspeaker from Dynaudio powered by Arbiter Electronics has been my favorite listening experience ever.

After letting Arbiter/Evidence warm up for 1 hour, we listened to a wide range of music (jazz, orchestral, techno, R&B) using Arbiter for about 1 hour alternating every 15 minutes between the KPS25 and CD12. Music was extremely lifelike and did not have a hi-fi sound. Evidence had deep extended bass, open highs and well rounded mid-range. The entire audible spectrum was well integrated without exaggerating or distorting any particular area. The speaker was extremely balanced equally good for rock and classical. Excellent at retrieving low level detail as well as presenting life sized instruments. We then unplugged Arbiter and ran the system through Klimax and KPS25sc. The change in the speaker was astonishing. Speaker sounded strained (room too big for Klimaxes) and there was a great deal more grain, particularly at higher SPLs. It was when we switched back to Arbiter that I was really able to describe what makes this speaker so special.

It has the openness and transparency of Electrostats (not quite as open as Statement E2) and the bass/versatility of dynamic drivers. Far less room dependent than X-1's or Kharma's. To get the most out of these speakers you really need to get comparable level electronics. I'm talking about that next level beyond Levinson Reference, Krell, etc.

Look at Boulder, Burmester, FM Acoustics and other $100K-$200K front end. To hear them at their absoulte best Arbiter Electonics with Analog rig of your choice. Although sensitivity is rated at 92 dB, these speakers love power. I wouldn't use anything below 1000 W.

Value: Once you get past $10-$20K there are very few "bad" speakers. It's your personal aesthetic and sound. For me nothing else does it better. 4 stars, because very few things at $85K can be called a bargain. Overall (the best I've ever heard).

Submitted by John Gaulastianos a

Date Reviewed: October 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
I can not believe the Yahoos that have the stupidity to say that the Evidence is Esoteric BS. I frankly do not think you own the speakers or can afford to buy any Dynaudio. This is the Best speaker in the world bar none!!!! Please for goodness sake take your BS elsewhere, some people make me sick, I can only say one thing that you have a hearing problem.

Please believe me if you can afford the Evidence or any Dynaudio go listen and compare because you will never hear a better speakers except maybe from Dynaudio in 20 years, maybe. Dynaudios are the best for a reason go listen to a Dynaudio before ever buying any other speaker...there is a reason why dynaudio drivers are used in all the highend speakers. PLEASE DO NOT LET THE YAHOOS GIVING BAD REVIEWS SWAY YOU LISTEN FOR YOURSELF AND THEN PLEASE COME AND POST THE TRUTH...Dynaudio Evidence IS the BEST SPEAKER IN THE WORLD.....PERIOD!

Submitted by Eric Smith a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2001

Bottom Line:
I currently have four of the Evidences in my home theater setup (two fronts and two rear surronds). The sound is absolutely incredible. When I put on a DVD like Armageddon it's sheer bliss. I highly recommend the Dynaudio Evidence.