Dunlavy SC-II Floorstanding Speakers

4.6/5 (5 Reviews) MSRP : $2495.00

Floorstanding Speaker - 6.5" Woofer and 1" Tweeter

Submitted by Ski'n Ian a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2012

Bottom Line:
Over the past thirteen years, these are without a doubt my favorite speakers. Run them with a REL B1 now (original purchased with REL Brittania), and the sound is phenomenal. Accurate, quick, and musical. Love them, and I keep coming back!!! Have owned many speakers over the years, including Arial, Paradigm, Polkl LSi, Revel, yet I keep coming back to my old Dunlavy's. Whenever I swap the SC-II's back into my system I kick myself for ever taking them out, for a good ten years straight! That says a lot for a product. If you can find 'em, buy 'em. Don't know about replacing drivers as mine are running good. I started using Armorol on the driver surrounds about five years ago, effective to date at keeping them from cracking. Use good clean power and you shouldn't blow anything. I've driven mine with my CJ MF2300A for years (250 watts/channel). Happy listening if you are so lucky...

Submitted by hayhowlaw a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
We bought the speakers new. Both my wife and I believe that this was the best money we ever spent in our lives on a product. This is true of any category, not just stereo equipment. This is the best small to medium room speaker I have ever heard. Highest recommendation.

Submitted by Markku Hartikainen a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2001

Bottom Line:

I purchased these as used together with a Dunlavys
central speaker. I am hot a hard-core audio freak, but I
can say that I like these speakers a lot.
I really worth of purchasing if you are able to get a
used pair, I can not tell if they are really worth of
the money asked for the new ones.

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   TL-audio

Submitted by tapani lappi a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 24, 1999

Bottom Line:
very big and airy soundstage,neutral,fast,works fine with velodyne subwoofers,then very impressive,many planar speakers owners like dunlavys.i recommend them creek amps ,you have very good sound cheap.

Submitted by A. Silva a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 10, 1999

Bottom Line:
One of the best two way designs,I have ever heard.The sound is big, tunefull, controled and very precise without being clinical.
The sealed box makes it very easy to achieve the best position in a room, and the sepaker is not very demanding of power, having a friendly impedance and a good sensitivity. It simply deserves the best amplification.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile