Dogg Digital Audio DA 5.1 Floorstanding Speakers

3.16/5 (19 Reviews) MSRP : $1999.00

Woofer Driver: 1 X 3.5" (8.9 CM) Aluminized Cone Tweeter Driver: 1 X 1" (25 CM) Aluminized Dome Frequency Response: 80-20 kHz Crossover Point: 7 kHz Efficiency: 88 dB Impedance: 4-8 Ohms Recommended Power: 10-120 Watts

Submitted by blahblah a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 3, 2011

Bottom Line:
I got theese free from a friend and he gave me those because he did not want them.I have been using them for like 2 months for now and i can tell you theese are a total piece of crap just like any other japaneese white-van speaker system.The satelites are crap and sound like they are from 1935.And the subwoofer is so distorted and if you put this crap too loud the woofers start to sound so bad that it makes me feel like i want to throw them out of my window.I have a lot of audio equipment.Over 300 speakers from 1965 to 2011.Most of them are pro audio.Like huge JBL cabinet speakers and so.but if i compare theese speakers to any of m,y other speakers it makes me feel like im comparing intel 4004 and core i7.Even my smallest speakers are better than theese hunk of crap speakers.sorry for my bad english im from estonia:) .

Submitted by kennygadams a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2008

Bottom Line:
I was a janitor for the Umpqua Bank in Medford, Oregon and was approached by a guy driving an old Subaru pickup truck. He said they had shipped him an extra order of speakers and offered them to me for $400. I ended up paying $250. I just plugged them in 5 years later and they work. I'm no expert on surround sound so I cant give good feedback about quality etc. I cant figure out how to hook-up the sub-woofer up to a pioneer amp so I browsed the web for directions and came across this review site. Just found out I have been scammed. All these years I thought I thought it was a great deal.

Kennygadams

Purchased At:   Umpqua Bank - Medfor

Submitted by GiveMeMoreSound a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 24, 2007

Bottom Line:
I was approach by two guy in a white suburban after filling up , thay asked me if i want to buy some speakers i am always in the mood for more speakers . i paid 200.00 for them iwas very surprised at the quality of sound from them these speakers put out more sound than my uncles bose 901's and they have really good bass response considering that the sub has two 6" speakers . all you really need to do is power them right with something more than 50wrms/ channel and you will see and hear a big difference in sound . sony pioneer, keenwood cant give you the power you need for these speakers your amps peak power rating means nothing . check the rms or continuous power rating of the amp or receiver before hooking them up . i have them hooked up to a yamaha with 75wrms per channel and they knok things of my neighbors walls

Purchased At:   mobile gas station d

Submitted by bastrange1 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2006

Bottom Line:
After 2 hours of following internet sites to this one....I realize I was scammed in a bank parking lot. Same story: Guys boss didn't want an over stock of audio components back and the "delivery guys" got to keep them. The product did not say Dogg Digital or Theater Research or any of the common names. Mine said Elite Audio EA-505 5.1 Digital Audio. The scam is the same where the young kids act all excited about just wanting to get beer money. They show you the phoney catalog and warranty card. Then they hit you up for money. I payed $300 for something you could by for $100 or less. Here's some more links to sites with information: http://www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/Crimes/InPerson/speaker_scams.htm

The company sets up a phoney website that advertises their "high-end" audio products. I found that the EA-505 is not listed on their site so I called the warranty department's phone number. The person that answered said that the product was new and not yet on their site and she would have the boss call back. He didn't.

Purchased At:   Bank Parking Lot

Submitted by bigmacus a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2004

Bottom Line:
My story is the same as all the others I've read. Paid for it at a bank parking lot, showed a bogus catalog, given a bogus receipt and some story about how these were part of an overbid on a job and now they needed to be unloaded or someone would just keep them. I got two towers as well, total price $600. I was nervous at first, b/c I can't find any serial numbers...figured they were stolen. Pretty hard to redeem the warranty with no serial numbers. How could I have known I was buying shady chinese imports? Fortunately the seem to work just fine.

Purchased At:   Bank Parking Lot

How do I hook up the Dogg Digital Audio DA 5.1 System?

:confused: I have this Dogg Digital Audio DA 5.1 speaker system that I read reviews about on this website and how people are saying they sound pretty good. I hooked them up but the bass is really weak from the subwoofer. I know its not a powered sub but what amps should I use or if I have another 5 ... Read More »