DLK Acoustial Products Model 3 Floorstanding Speakers

4.17/5 (12 Reviews)

3-way bass reflex

Submitted by Corvetteguy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
I got These from a Friend They were a pair of Custom made DLK's That were made in shop. They had Omega 12" Woofers with foam i'm trying to find some replacment 12" Dlk's Two if you have any email me at r8553@hotmai.com

Purchased At:   From Friend

Submitted by Jim McNamara a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2003

Bottom Line:
These are my only speakers. I bought them in 1978. They are wonderful! Their sound is wonderfully neutral and warm. They are very durable, as I've played them hard and also moved many times. They've held up beautifully - still working great. If DLK were still around, I'd absolutely consider their products.

Purchased At:   Schaak Electronics -

Submitted by omnipro a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
DLK was indeed the house brand for Schaak Electronics. The speakers were designed by a gentleman named Donald L. Kliewer (pronounced Kleever) I believe that prior to working for Schaak Don had worked for Telex Communications doing something for the Mercury space program. I worked at the Schaak store in the Southdale mall in Edina, MN for 5 years and sold many pairs of DLK speakers and have owned an original pair of the model 3's for years.

Scott

Purchased At:   Schaak Electronics

Submitted by Rob Van Dyke a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 26, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have a pair of DLK Model 3 or 4. 3-way bass reflex. The tweeters have been blown and I was wondering if anyone knew what type or brand they were? They are old and sound really good for there age. Also well made made.

Purchased At:   Father purchased man

Submitted by MICHAEL FELDE a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
I BOUGHT A PAIR OF DLK MODEL 4,S AT AN AUCTION FOR 10.00 THE CABINETS LOOK IMPRESSIVE! I RE EDGED THE FOAM SURROUNDS AND GOT LUCKY. THEESE SPEAKERS SOUND VERY VERY GOOD I DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM REALLY AND HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THEM BEFORE SO ANY INFO APPRECIATED.TWO 12 WOOFERS A MIDRANGE AND A PRETTY GOOD TWEETER SIMILAR TO INFINITY EMIT.IMPRESSIVE LOOKING CROSSOVER SYSTEM.WORTH HAVING IF YOU CAN FIND A PAIR I SUSPECT THEY MAY BE RATHER RARE AND POSSIBLY A FUTURE AUDIO COLLECTIBLE

Purchased At:   AUCTION AS IS

Info about DLK Model 3's?

I recently just got a great deal on a pair of Acoustical Productions Inc. DLK Model 3's from a guy who said he bought them in 1970 and has had them since. I have been trying to research them and see some specs and see what they could be worth but have not been able to find much. Anyone know someth ... Read More »

Forte model 3 vs Jeff Rowland model 5

I have a Forte model 3 amp that I like very much but I was thinking of trying a Jeff Rowland amp with my Newform Research R630 speakers. They are both said to be very musical and have a nice midrange. Does anyone know what the high frequencies are like for the JR? I've read that they are rolled o ... Read More »