Definitive Technology ProCinema 100.6 Floorstanding Speakers

4.65/5 (34 Reviews) MSRP : $1345.00

4 Satallites, Center Channel & Subwoofer

Submitted by trekman2001 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought these after listening to quite a few mid range speakers. I was going to go with the Bose home theater speakers but lucky for me the salesman showed me D.T. pro 100's. There was no comparison. The DT's delivered a far richer sound. I'm using them with my Onkyo txds-787 and I think they sound almost perfect.

Purchased At:   Magnolia Hi-Fi

Submitted by mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
excellent system for movies and music and the only sub that you can use speaker level and low level(rca) at the same time, but I'm on my second sub. The auto turn on feature has quit twice and the sub amp has had to been changed twice.My first sub was the TL 100 and the second sub was the TL 200!! My friends sub just quit today .Has anyone else had this problem?

Purchased At:   audio breakthroughs

Submitted by HT Enthu from Dubai a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
Very Good Buy.

My HT is as below:
Definitive Pro C2
ProSub 100TL

Submitted by rashad a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2001

Bottom Line:
I am using a denon avr1801 as my receiver in my living area and was initially using the klipsch quintet system. while the klipsch performed well for movies i was somewhat disappointed in their music reproduction. they have now been relegated to the bedroom. now with the procinema 100's the sound is so much fuller. It is unbelievable how much the midrange comes to life with these speakers. I am listening to my cd collection all over again. It is even more of a joy with the 5 channel stereo setting on the Denon. They do an equally good job on movies as well. DTS soundtracks such as the crime scene in the bone collector or the lobby shooting spree in the matrix or the battle scenes in gladiator and pearl harbor sound amazing! I could not be more happy with these speakers.

Purchased At:   Player's audio

Submitted by Tim a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
My first foray into Home Theatre. I spent several months auditioning systems and scouring the mags. My criteria for selections was
- sound clarity and effortless bass (It's what I like)
- good technical performance specs (I'm a geek)
- visually appealing and small (Wife factor)
- could be used for music (50%) and HT (50%)
- value (As I learn more I'll probably upgrade - As well, I don't want to feel too bad when the kids knock them over again and again....)

I liked the clarity, reflected sound and good looks of the Bose but they could not provide the deep, effortless rumblies for HT in my room.

I liked the clarity, specs and value of the Paradigms but when mounted on a back wall they were not as visually appealing as some other brands.

The Def Techs were clear, provided effortless bass, had good tech specs, were visually appealing to my wife and represented a good value relative to other speakers in they're sound range.

I purchased a Yamaha RXV800 and Toshiba DVD to fill out the package.

I purchased the Def Techs and Yamaha at Advance Electronics over the web and phone. Five out of Five stars for the purchasing experience and after sales support from Chris A. at http://www.advance.mb.ca/

5 Stars for Value. 4 stars overall because there's always something better out there. 5 Stars for Advance the sales/after sales experience.

Purchased At:   Advance Electronics