DCM OW-2 Floorstanding Speakers

Wall Mounted Surround Speakers - 6.5" Woofers and (2)0.75" Tweeters

Submitted by Phil Marshall a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2000

Bottom Line:
This review is also on the OW-1 not the OW-2. This speaker is identical to the OW-2 but a small woofer. Sound is speactacular to what I previously had. I have Definitive Tech. BP10's as mains and these timberally match almost perfectly. I was looking to buy DEf. Tech surrounds but the cost became prohibitive. Saw the deal on these on UBID and thought I would give them a try. The sound emitted is warm and envelopes the listening area with the tripolar sound. I really lucked out buying these without having heard them prior to buying and no previous owner comments on this site until after they arrived. Paid $44 for the pair, retail was $139 each.

Purchased At:   UBID

Submitted by Michael Swanson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2000

Bottom Line:
(This review is for the DCM OW-1) After reading so many positive reviews on these DCM's, I decided to give them a try, and I wasn't disappointed. They work perfectly for my rear surrounds, and do a great job in creating an ambient soundfield. If you're going to use them in your system, you will need a subwoofer in order to compliment the "high's" projected from these speakers.
The first movie I tried the speakers with was "Poltergeist." The particular scene I wanted to listen to was the one where the father is up in the bedroom with his children teaching them to count how far away the lightning is. The recreation of the thunder and the rain in the background was great; the crackling of the thunder was very clear and concise.
I mounted them to the walls on either side of my sofa, and then to the back wall to see which way the tripolar design seemed to work best. After going back and forth, the
surround effect seemed less easy to place when the speakers were mounted in back of me. I like more of an ambient sound from my surrounds instead of the "in-your-face" effect like a lot of people do.
The only real problem/complaint I have about the speakers is that there's no indentation or spacing on the rear of the speaker to run the wire through. As a result of this, if you're not running the speaker wire through the wall, these speakers will not sit flush with your wall.
I'm really glad I happened upon these speakers, I'd be hard-pressed to find a better value for the money. I got mine on Ebay for only $90, (new) and I've seen some for sale cheap on various internet sights. If you can find these DCM's, buy them, you won't regret it.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by Jeff a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2000

Bottom Line:
I use the DCM OW-1 series for my surround speakers (rear). They work fabulous in this area. These are going like hot cakes on some auctions sites-- I'd recommend them to anyone wanting to replace rear speakers with something more substantial, especially for 5.1 and DTS.

Submitted by warrenc. a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 4, 1999

Bottom Line:
Since I couldn't find any reviews on these speakers, I decided to buy 'em and try 'em. I like 'em! Mounted on the wall you get a 180 degree sound field. Using them as rear surrounds, very warm tones and decent bass. Got them from Consumer Direct for $219.00. They are very easy to look at which may help convincing your better half. My setup includes Onkyo 575, DCM sub, Bose SE5's.