DCM KX-212 Floorstanding Speakers

4.4/5 (25 Reviews) MSRP : $400.00

3 way transmission line design, 2 12-in woof., 6-in mid, 3/4-in tweeter

Submitted by kirk a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2013

Bottom Line:
if u own this type of speaker u need a powerful amp not a receiver, my yamaha dsp a1000 make this speaker sounds complete it is sound like a live concert and you are in the front row
no"BS" if you will use receiver then this speakers will sounds like piece of "crap "so if you use this kind of speaker in receiver don't "e'fing complaint just shut up

Submitted by Harold a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2012

Bottom Line:
I also purchased these speakers in 1995 from ckt city, I used these with dcm center and surround speakers with a sunfire sub for 15 yrs and they all sound good today. I had an onkoyo reciever with 80 watts discret output pushing these babies, they need some power behind them. I just up graded my system, I now have a integra 40.3 reciever, klipsch rs series 7.1 speakers and I'm waiting for my svs pb 13 sub and guess what I'm still using for my front l and r speakers. My same Ass kicking dcm kx212, speakers are bases on what you listen to. A great set of speakers for opera may not work for rap or rock music, these speakers are good for loud rap, rock music and movies. Would not know about opera because I don't listen to it. My kx 212 are 17 yrs old with no maintenance and they are now in my 3rd residence, 2 apartments and now a single home to set these babies free.....

Submitted by Kat a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2010

Bottom Line:
Does anyone out there have the specs on this box?

DCM KX212

I can not find it any place.

Need to know cont. and prgm rating, and ohms

Thank You!

Submitted by mark katz a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 31, 2009

Bottom Line:
MY DCM KX212 ARE POWERED WITH A MCINTOSH 4100 RECIEVER

WOW EAR CANDY PLAYING BUCKETHEAD GIANT ROBOT NNT CD

BEST MONEY EVER SPENT ON SPEAKERS HAD TO GO OUT AND BUY SECOND PAIR

MY DCMS NEVER NEEDED TO BE REPAIRED OR RECONED AND I DRIVE THEM HARD

I LIKE MY MUSIC LOUD

I HAVE REPAIRED AND TESTED MANY SPEAKERS THESE SPEAKER ARE AMAZING

SUPER LOUD SUPER CLEAR THESE WILL ROCK YOUR HOUSE

YOU CAN FIND THEM USED ON CRAIGLOOK OR CRAIGSLIST CHEAP THATS HOW I GOT SECOND PAIR

Weaknesses:
Absolutely none. Anyone interested in what these speakers are really capable of is very welcome at my home for a demonstration.

Submitted by diamonddelts a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 19, 2009

Bottom Line:
I bought into the hype for these speakers when i purchased them a year ago on craiglist. When I first hooked them up they sounded like absolute crap. Weak bass and the highs sounded like they were coming through a tin can. That was with a 130 watt receiver.

But after reading more positive reviews for these speakers over the last year I thought maybe I was to quick to rush to judgement on my first pair of these speakers or maybe something was defective with them. So I went out and purchased a second pair of these speakers and this ime I paired them with a quality 300 watt a channel amp.

I will admit that if properly powered the mids on these speakers are beauiful and balanced. However the bullet tweeter is garbage. The highs on these speakers are thin and weak can could not even fill up a medium 10 by 20 room with sound at over half power. The bass for these speakers is frankly piss poor.

My MTX 2230's blow these speakers out of the water by a long shot in the bass and total output dept. The bass on these speakers is deep but very weak. You really have to crank them to at least half power or more for them to really be felt. I would guess that the real word efficiency on these is about 89db.

Do yourself a favor and do NOT buy these speaker no matter how low they are priced. They have weak bass coupled with even weaker highs. Don't be fooled b their massive, powerful look. I've heard speakers with single 10" woofers that hit much harder than these. Definite thumbs down.