DCM KX-212 Floorstanding Speakers

4.33/5 (27 Reviews) MSRP : $400.00

3 way transmission line design, 2 12-in woof., 6-in mid, 3/4-in tweeter

Submitted by doug a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2018

Bottom Line:
i did not find these to be loud. i have klipsch with 95db sensitivity and these are not there. 90-92 on a good day. i have polk, wharfedale, and the klipsch and run them all perfectly flat on the tone controls. very balanced sound. on the dcm,the bass is very weak. i can't remember ever having speakers that required me to boost the bass. i'm not listening to rap and hip hop. i don't like bass thats too loud for the music. i would say they are alright for what they are. party speakers they are not. no bass and not loud. what exactly is their purpose?

Submitted by DeauxBoi a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 20, 2017

Bottom Line:
I've had these speakers since 1995, and if there is anything to say about them, it's that they're INSANELY LOUD. I wouldn't recommend using them for larger dj gigs, but by all means you use them for just about anything else like parties, small gigs, or just for simply jamming out. I have never felt the need to crank up the volume more than halfway, and they are still loud enough to cause my neighbors to come over and ask me to turn it down. I definitely recommend these to any beginning DJs, or anyone that is just looking to jam out on the weekends. Great buy, if I could rate higher I definitely would.

Submitted by kirk a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2013

Bottom Line:
if u own this type of speaker u need a powerful amp not a receiver, my yamaha dsp a1000 make this speaker sounds complete it is sound like a live concert and you are in the front row
no"BS" if you will use receiver then this speakers will sounds like piece of "crap "so if you use this kind of speaker in receiver don't "e'fing complaint just shut up

Submitted by Harold a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2012

Bottom Line:
I also purchased these speakers in 1995 from ckt city, I used these with dcm center and surround speakers with a sunfire sub for 15 yrs and they all sound good today. I had an onkoyo reciever with 80 watts discret output pushing these babies, they need some power behind them. I just up graded my system, I now have a integra 40.3 reciever, klipsch rs series 7.1 speakers and I'm waiting for my svs pb 13 sub and guess what I'm still using for my front l and r speakers. My same Ass kicking dcm kx212, speakers are bases on what you listen to. A great set of speakers for opera may not work for rap or rock music, these speakers are good for loud rap, rock music and movies. Would not know about opera because I don't listen to it. My kx 212 are 17 yrs old with no maintenance and they are now in my 3rd residence, 2 apartments and now a single home to set these babies free.....

Submitted by Kat a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2010

Bottom Line:
Does anyone out there have the specs on this box?

DCM KX212

I can not find it any place.

Need to know cont. and prgm rating, and ohms

Thank You!