Dali Skyline 1000 Floorstanding Speakers

Submitted by Nicolai a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2000

Bottom Line:
I love these speakers - they are simply the best speakers I have ever had. In 96 I bought my first set with rosewood design and connected them to my DENON 6600A power amps and my DENON DAP5500 Preamp. The sound was very good but the size of the amps and the speakers were to big for my room and therefore i purchased B&O and what a mistake.

Anyway after half a year i was back and bought a pair of Dali Grand Coupe, and in case you are looking for such a speaker - I can only say buy them and connect them to an ACURUS A250 and you will be amazed - great speakers!

Anyway I missed the bass and decided to go for a pair of Skyline 2000. This was a mistake - not at all the same musical experience as the 1000 - perhaps because of my equipment (Acurus A250) The bass wass muddy and the placing was even more difficult than 1000.

I finally have found a pair of Skyline 1000 again and honestly I will never sell them again - perfect speaker together with ACURUS A250 and a SONY STRDA 50 ES, which I use as a preamp and of course for Surround.

Submitted by Niels Christian a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 2, 2000

Bottom Line:
I owned the prototypes of these speakers for 2 years, and had a great time with them. They consist of a 70 cm ribbon tweeter crossed over at 1000hz (with the latest crossover), a 5 inch midrange crossed over at 250hz and a 12 inch Cerwin vega Subwoofer( Yes, it`s a tweeked Cerwin Vega XL12s ).
I drove them with a Rega Elex amp and it sounded good.
The only problem was the open baffle design that made them difficult to place in the room. But placed right and sitting down ( or else there where no treble because of the ribbon tweeter )they had a lively and clear soundstage.
If you get the chance giv`em a listen.

Submitted by SERGIO SERINI a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 18, 1999

Bottom Line:
IT'S A VERY INTERESTING LOUDSPEAKER IF YOU PAY ATTENTION TO USE IT WITH IT'S BASE SUPPORTS, IF NOT BASS IS TO MUCH WITHOUT CONTROL. GOOD, GOOD IMAGE AND SOUND STAGE. VERY VERY OK FOR CLASSICAL MUSIC. IT NEEDS A LOT OF CURRENT AND AN AMPLIFICATOR WITH LIGHT SOUND.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by calvin a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 1, 1997

Bottom Line:
This is a curious ribbon-hybrid speaker. The trebleabove 4kHz or so is handled by a 1m tall ribbon. The
mid by a cone driver, and the bass by a huge cone driver.
All on an attractive, stylishly sculptured open baffle.
Think of the Carver Amazing and you have the idea, if not
the looks.

This speakers are musical, doing a lot of what Apogees
do, especially from the midrange on.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile