Dali IKON 6 Floorstanding Speakers

• Sensitivity (2.83 V/1m): 91.5
  • Nominal Impedance (Ohm):6.0
  • High Frequency Drivers: 1x28mm soft dome
  • Recommended amp. Power: 25-150
  • Low Frequency Drivers: 1 x 6½"

Submitted by latitude a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2010

Bottom Line:
I replace Ikon 6 for 10 years old Atlantic Technology Main Speaker with Ikon center. here is what I found out
1. Ikon does not roll-off the highs (good)
2. Ikon has higher sensitivity (good, my receiver is not that hot for the same loudness)
3. Ikon seems effortless for mid and highs (Good)
4. Ikon is bigger than AT (Bad as AT is bookshelf speaker)

Issue:
Ikon has the same problem as AT for playing large scale classic music,

BTW:
1. I set my receiver to 8 ohm instead of 4 ohm, and I do not Bi-wire the speaker yet, but I'll try Bi-wire soon.
2. Ikon needs a sub-woofer because it does NOT have base at all.

I like Ikons, and I think I will not replace them soon. I'll Bi-wire them to see how it does. I will let you know if there is any change in sound quality.

Submitted by hogie1967 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 9, 2007

Bottom Line:
After owning a variety of speakers from respected companies including, quad, monitor audio and b&w to name a few I decided to purchase a pair of these on the basis of all the reviews and hype. Initial impression was mixed as the midrange & top end detail was superb but the bottom end was somewhat lacking.
After some serious running in the bottom end has finally show its face and WOW what an amazing speaker for the money. I currently run a primare a10 with mit cabling and the sound is CLEAN with great bottom end authority. These speakers aren't about boom boom but a very insightful rendition of the source you put through them.
These speakers display a very neutral and detailed sound that makes me question why spend more searching for the holy grail of sound.
If sound per pound is your preference I strongly recommend you take a listen to these.
If you are after something to shake the foundations & miss out on the emotion and involvement of music look elsewhere.

Purchased At:   sunnybank hifi

Submitted by dankobb a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 18, 2007

Bottom Line:
I auditioned about half dozen speakers in this class. Every one of them had minor or major weaknesses that detracted from my ability to enjoy the music. The DALI IKON 6 is the exception. The tone is very natural, and the integration of the whole spectrum from top to bottom is nearly seamless. This speaker is leaner than most in this class, bacause there is no mid-bass bloat (the blight of mid-fi.) In a small room its also a bit on the bright side; -2dB on the treble compensates perfectly.

The 91.5 dB efficiency is very friendly toward mid-fi amps, but if you have a hissing noise floor, you'll hear it.

Purchased At:   audiogon

Submitted by ika007 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2006

Bottom Line:
This is the new speaker series from Dali. I never heard of this company before and when i went to buy new floorstanding speakers i fell in love with the sound. Chosen as Best Stereo Speakers for the range price of 1500$ by What HI-FI and not for no reason. After listening for a long time and various ranges of music i'd say absolutly no fakes at hi levels and really crisp and clear sound. Although they do miss some dept and bass... What i did to compensate for that, i added one cerwin vega e-710 for the bass and dept and i got the perfect sound ever heard. I do recommend doing this. The sound i got is better than a 10K$ speakers i listened to. In general i am very satisfied with them. I use a pioneer VSX-912 receiver and the QED silver XT cables with these speakers. PERFECT SOUND to my ears. My search for the most perfect sound is over. Now i am thinking of buying the Ikon 2 little ones to complete the setting as i heard them they also sound great.

cambridge audio 540R for DALI Ikon 6 anyone please?

Hi, i own a Cambridge audio 540R V2 receiver and i am thinking of buying the Dali Ikon6 or Ikon7 speakers. do you think my receiver will drive well these speakers? :o Please note that i listen to music at moderate levels. Clarity and detail are more important to me. I have read reviews saying th ... Read More »