Dali Grand Coupe Floorstanding Speakers

42-27000 hz -3db 50-250w powerhandling Imp:4ohm 85db 1" tweeter 6,5" midrange/woofer

Submitted by macmeech a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2004

Bottom Line:
I purchased these speakers by really maxing out the old credit card, and they are so beautiful that my wife gave me the money to pay for them. Amazing. Aside from having the most stunning cabinet design ever, they can only be described as solid, expensive, and refined. The tweeter has no hint of brightness, unless you artifically create it with dsp. The midbass woofer is so full
range woofer as to create the bass of a 4' floorstander. This is the speaker that you could never afford in college. It is state of the art Danish expertise. I would also recommend it for HT main speakers with a center channel tuned to the human voice. I highly recommend these speakers.

Purchased At:   Spearit Sound, North

Submitted by yasuyuki a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have ever used DALI MENUET by looking japanese audio magazine review.
It was good,for 3 years I enjoyed.
But I was getting dissatisfied its bass shortage ,I thought simply DALI's product is the best to buy next.
So,GRAND COUPE was naturally selected.

Purchased At:   SHINJUKU

Submitted by Janusz Kertynski a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
Finally I changed my old Dali 450. Previously I had a feeling that I'm loosing something but in few days of long term listening I had known how wrong I was. Coupe is just fantastic speaker - don't expect small or thin sound - they play far biger than they look. There is no split between treble,mid and bass - sound is joined in one solid body healthy and alive. Of course reaching of earthquaking frequencys is rather difficult for them, but a lot of expensive floorstanders have far more limitations in bass. Generally big step forward. The rest of system: CD Marantz CD17mkII; Amp. Arcam Alpha 6+ (temporary, but supraising good); Van den Hul The First, VdH The Wind

Purchased At:   second hand

Submitted by Jens a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2001

Bottom Line:
When i played the speakers with my nelson pass 0s 75 watts
pure clas A the life likeness of the sound was utterly stagering i had to pinch my self to se if i was awake never before have i heard such realistic reproduction of audio!
this is indeed a superb speaker

Purchased At:   hk

Submitted by Kenneth Skog a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2000

Bottom Line:
This speaker was love at first sight! Compared with similar price candidates, its a bomb. The thing with this speakers are the ability to play everything from dance to classic with such a ease. The only problem is that you must has a real powerful amp!

LINN Classik with Dali Grand Coupe Speakers???

I'm still searching for speakers to replace my LINN Keilidhs. I discovered Dali speakers in the internet and have to say I'm impressed. I'm now considering the Dali Grand Coupes with the SWA 8 (or maybe the 12) Subwoofer. I have read in the reviews here, that Dali speakers are "power hungry". Co ... Read More »