Dali Concept 10 Floorstanding Speakers

• Frequency Response [Hz]: 35-25.000
  • Nominal Impedance [Ohm]: 6
  • Maximum SPL [dB]: 114
  • High Frequency Driver: 1x1"
  • Recommended Amp.Power: 50-200

Submitted by Tom Slottvik a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2006

Bottom Line:
I had been looking for a new pair of speakers for some time, since we have bought a new house. The livingroom now is 50m2, which was a little too big for my old KEF C-60 Serie. My first priority for speakers is bass. I have to feel the bass deeply. So far my old KEF has done a fine job on this matter, only in bigger rooms the bass was not sufficient. So I had a few speakers I wanted to try: KEF IQ7, JBL E-100, Jamo D-590, B&W DM604 S3 and Dali Ikon 6. The B&W speakers are by far the most expencive ones, and I must admit also the speakers I wanted the most. Why? I dont know, I've always had some kind of fetish for B&W, even though I've never owened a pair. So if you can imagine the other speakers had some convincing to do, to make me disregard B&W.

I tested them all very carefully, and listened to them more than once. The result was a big dissapointment to me. The B&W's never lived up to my expectations. There simply was'nt enough bass. The overall soundpicture was without a doubt one class above the rest, but the bass.....where was that? So the guy at Hifi-Klubben introduced me to Dali Concept 10. BOOOM there they were. I knew immediately that this were the speakers for me. In this pricerange you have to look hard and long to find a more allround speaker with loads of bass. They simply do the job. Pop, classic, rock, jazz, you name it, they deliver! And my old Luxman amp 2x60W has no problem handling them.

I now have, in my opinion, the best speakers money can buy under 2000 USD. Highly recommendable!

Purchased At:   HiFi-Klubben

Submitted by Tom Slottvik a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2006

Bottom Line:
I have been looking for an update to my very old KEF C-60 series for some time now, which by the way have served me very well. And I must admit I was a little hooked on either Kef or B&W. But the fact beeing that KEF is not well distributed here in Denmark, I went for B&W. I was very keen on DM 604 S3. So off I went to the dealer. He showed me the B&W, and tested it for me. To be honest I was dissapointed. Not enough bass, in my oppinion. Then he asked: Why not Dali C10? Let give it a try I said. And boom there they were!!! Best speaker I've ever heard. It goes to the story that I also tested Jamo D590, KEF IQ5, JBL E100 and Dali Ikon 6. None of them could match Dali C10.......NONE!!!

Purchased At:   HiFi Klubben