Dali Helicon 300
Description: <ul> <li>Sensitivity (2.83 V/1m): 86.0</li> <li>Nominal Impedance (Ohm): 4.0</li> <li>High Frequency Drivers: 1x25mm soft dome</li> <li>Crossover Frequencies (Hz): 3400</li> <li>Low Frequency Drivers: 1 x 6½"</li> </ul>

Submitted by DrMarkS a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 16, 2010

Bottom Line:
I purchased these gems for $1200 on audiogone.com. They retail for $3995 a pair. I got one heck of a deal. I was replacing a pair of Dali Ikon 7’s. First thing, I drive them with an emotiva XPA-5, this is 300 watts RMS in 4 ohms. The speakers have 86 sensitivity and need power. They are smooth and very detailed. Quick comment, my wife is very picky with sound. If it sounds bad, she leaves the room or has me turn it way down. If it’s good, I can turn it up. This is the first time she let me go wild with volume. I put the song Angels by Sara McLachlan, I have never had this reaction before. My wife was crying, I am truly in love with these speakers.
The highs are very detailed, mid range is smooth and detailed as well. Now the bad, for a monitor the boomy bass is not there. I have an SVS PB12/ULTRA2 sub filling in for the low end. Perfect combination.
This is the best $1200 I have ever spent. I am running everything through a Marantz AV7500

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by ralph a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 20, 2007

Bottom Line:
These speakers did bring the music from my old Quad 33-405 + B&W-combination to a substantial higher level. When trying better amplification ( Bryston, Primare, MF) the sound-quality of these spaekers were growing with the amplification.
The sound is very natural, piano sounds iron& wood just as it should be. Sound is as well as good for classical music as jazz. Warm , but not too. Amazing deep bass for this size of speakers and a fantastic high.

Specifications are not as described above: try the web-site of Dali. The Dali's are too small for floorstanding, you will need stands but with your eyes closed you will think they are bigger.

I now use the Brystons, BP 25 pre with the 4 BBST-amp, a splendid combination with this speakers esp. because their control of the bass. I don't need a sub. Performance is very dependant to the interconnects pre-amp. I use Signal Audio XLR, very transparant!