Dali 606
Description: Floorspeaker with 3x6.5"

Submitted by Zokmer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2009

Bottom Line:
Bought these speakers 2nd hand two years ago to go with my NAD C370 and Marantz CD6000 OSE. My living room is not that large so any 'bigger' speaker would blow the walls down imo. Must say they are great value for the money and they sound pretty good. Not that much bass, except when I turn up the volume to appr. 35% and more (which is loud enough for the whole street to hear my music, so that doesn't happen often). Eventhough I think the NAD and Marantz need a bit 'warmer' sounding speaker so I might switch to another pair in the furure.

Submitted by Per Arne Steinshamn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2003

Bottom Line:
I do not think you can get a better speaker for the same price. It`s a good alround speaker, but what do you expect to the price of 400.
The base is good, and all in all it`s a fine speaker.

Purchased At:   HiFi klubben

Submitted by Taggen a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought my 606 with a NAD C340 and I must say that I'm very pleased. I often enjoy classical music but I also listen to Metallica and Rammstein. In my opinion the bass is good and the tweeter is smooth and clear. Although, due to lack of power (NAD C340 only produce 2x50 watts) the speakers never have the opportunity to show what they can do. A good alround speaker. I use Denon DCD-1450 as CD-player. I need more power and maybe a coupla of Vincent SP-996 monoblocks (1x125 watt) could solve this problem.

Purchased At:   Hifiklubben

Submitted by Lars a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2003

Bottom Line:
I've had my Dali 6006 for two years now, and I must say that I'm very pleased with their sound!
I match them with an Electrocompaniet ECI3 amplifier, and an sony cdplayer. The clue with this speaker is to BIWIRE them. After one year with a cheap singlewire, I bought a MIT Terminator 4 biwire cable, and suddenly the soundstage became so much clearer!

Submitted by Mikko Nieminen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2003

Bottom Line:
I've had the Dali 5005's for over a year now. I wanted floorstanders (althouhg my room is quite small) and spent quite a lot of time trying to find suitable speakers for my considerably small budget.
I tested them at home against Mirage -speakers (can't remember the model, but the price was almost equal).
The 5005's sound was much warmer and more to my liking. I was impressed how low they were able to go. Okay, I admit that the bass could be clearer, but still.
I have been quite pleased with these speakers. But the old Finnish saying "The more you eat, the hungrier you get" is proving to be true: I'm already thinking of replacing my 5005's with better speakers... ;)

Purchased At:   Hifi-Klubi