Dahlquist DQ-30i Floorstanding Speakers

4.36/5 (14 Reviews)

Submitted by Bernard David a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2014

Bottom Line:
I write just to correct a few misconceptions. The DQ-30 and DQ-30i came AFTER the Dahlquist company was sold. Neither Jon Dahlquist nor Carl Marchisotto had anything to do with their design, and sonically it is not in the same league as those designed by the actual Dahlquist company.

It's still not a "bad" speaker, just not up to the standards of what Jon or Carl would have created.

Submitted by Andreas a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2012

Bottom Line:
I was not happy with my DQ 30i (serial numbers: 01875 and 01876) until I have used the right cables (Nordost Valhalla) and the right power cords for the rest of my components. From this time I am fully satisfied with my DQ 30i and would never think to exchange them with anything else.

Submitted by niccolosito a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2011

Bottom Line:
After being amazed by my DQ-10's, I just had to get a pair of either DQ-20's,20i's, or 30i's and luckily, won in my bid on a pair of 30i's in great condition on eBay. The quality that separatesthem from all the other speakers I've listened to is the height of the sound. The soundstage is up there it seems live. I wouldn't bother to write any more than what has already been written all these years about these speakers. They and the 10's are simply unbelievable. I'm just thankful that I read about these speakers in the internet and pursued them doggedly. You'd be doing yourself a favor if you can score a pair of either speakers. Better if you can buy a pair of both speakers.

Submitted by Spicaman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2003

Bottom Line:
The DQ 30i is the last speaker that was made by Jon Dahlquist.They are very open detailed and full. No lack of sound stage. To sum it up, what goes in is what comes out! They were designed as a high end speaker system...(high end sources required)In my opinion,solid state mid to low fi(Adcom,Sony etc.they're all the same) insults the sonic capabilities of these speakers. ("good")Tubes bring them to life.Thanks to a very passive and loving wife I am able to own any speaker system I'd like.This is my choice! She ( a DQ 10 fan)loves them too!

Purchased At:   Audioweb

Submitted by Brian Brunner a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
EXCELLENT loudspeaker!!!
Unique design lends itself to a unique listening experience.
These are the last flagship speaker truly developed and produced by DAHLQUIST.
3-way, phased array design with an aluminum dome tweeter, 5" mid and a kevlar reinforced 10" woofer in a bass reflex design.
Smooth, neutral to a tad bit bright sounding depending on your room characterisitics.
I used to be in the AV world and had the opportunity to purchase these speakers brand new, factory direct when the first were introduced.
Stunning looks and even better sound!
A+!!!!!!!