Cerwin Vega VS 150 Floorstanding Speakers

4.52/5 (64 Reviews) MSRP : $540.00

Bass reflex - 15" woofer, 6.5" mid, 1" tweeter

Submitted by Nathan a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2016

Bottom Line:
I have had these speaker for over 20 years now and they sound just as amazing as the day that I bought them, better even now that the speakers are well broken in. Listen to all types of music but mainly rock n roll as god intended lol....simply one of the best purchases I have ever made...i paid over a thousand dollars 20 years ago which for me was a huge deal but they were worth every penny and continue to rock to this day....I love my Cerwins and would never part with them...

Submitted by Patrick a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2015

Bottom Line:
AWESOME! is all I can say about the VS-150's. You definitely need to feed them at least 150 watts to get the best sound. They will play very well with a smaller amp but the more power the better. I am using a Kenwood KR-9600 which puts out 160 watts per chanel and they sound great even at low volumes. I hear all the people who love KLIPSCH talk about the tweeters not being very clear and that these are basicly a garage, party speaker. I couldnt disagree more. I own a pair of KLIPSCH Heresy, and KLIPSCH KG 4'S. The Cerwin Vega VS 150's stack up to these and put out a fantastic sound. The BASS is awesome and no sub woofer is needed. My Klipsch need a sub to compliment them. I guess it is the type of music I like that makes me a big fan of the Cerwin Vega VS 150's. I love 70's FUNK and FUNK n ROLL I call it. The CARS, DAZZ BAND, etc. anything with a good beat. Oh well that is my two cents. I highly recommend these you will not regret it. Only down side is the Cheezy cabinets. I am going to put new Maple Veneer over the top of the existing cabinets and poly them natural. Peace Out.

Submitted by Craig a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2015

Bottom Line:
I purchased a pair of Cerwin Vega VS150s at a garage sale. I hooked them up to my Pioneer SX-1250 and they sound good until the volume gets to about 1/3 when the Bass really kicks in all of a sudden I have these LOUD "Pop" or "snap" sounds coming out with every kick of Bass. Just so disappointed I don't know what to do. Is it the cabinets being loose although I can't see if the backs are loose or not. Is it the receiver itself? Any advice would be greatly appreciated because I can feel that Bass starting to tremble the floor and I want to just rock the f@#k right out but can't! Ugh! Help!

Submitted by David H a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2015

Bottom Line:
I was lucky and picked these up at a yard sale for $10.
Thought I would strip them and sell parts. Once I tested them, wow!!
I have serial # 06 and 07.
You need space to play these. I live on an acre so I don't bother anyone
and don't let them breathe when the wife is home.
I have run them on a 77 Sony 100 watt amp (silver), a JBL pro amp 300 watt and
currently a 160 watt Luxman receiver. I never get over 40% since they are so loud,
yet clear. Bass is fantastic but mids and highs can be overpowering also.
These are 4 ohm and need a real power source, not a AV modern receiver unless built
for 4 ohm load.
I have a large room, about 34 by 30.
I'm running B&W DM14's on the other side when I want a change. (Less volume/wife home)
I've been through 40 speaker sets and the VS-150's are keepers.!

Submitted by Rune a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2015

Bottom Line:
i have cerwin vega vs 150 too its best to use 5ampere slow blow they play good lows and i am gonna have them all my life de bad ting is my tweeters are blown so i have to get new tweeters and refoam or a recone set and an stronger amp an i got the new sl5m by cerwin-vega so i got tweets till i got vs-150 tweets then its good i love this series best <3