Cerwin Vega VS 150 Floorstanding Speakers

4.51/5 (59 Reviews) MSRP : $540.00

Bass reflex - 15" woofer, 6.5" mid, 1" tweeter

Submitted by rick a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 20, 2014

Bottom Line:
anyone know the correct fuse to put in the cerwin vs 150 .great speakers but when I turn my amp to about 50% they loose there highs and it almost sounds muffeled or like they go mono ..I hook up my other cerwins 12s and not a problem ..I think I have a slow blown 3amp fuse in them .. and this might be the issue anyones help would be greatly appreciated

Submitted by Daniel Baumgartner a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2013

Bottom Line:
I've blasted these speakers With a techniques home Pro logic Dolby surround sound amplifier at 115 W per channel since 1997 they had never failed me diffuses only blown two times in the last 20 years these speakers rock! Cerwin Vega knows how to make a speaker!

In high school I use these in a theater at the Plano East senior high school theater to power and entire show Bayrock the whole theater that seats 2000 people these two Cerwin Vega VS 150 home floorstanding speakers they rock

Submitted by thatguy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2012

Bottom Line:
Nice sounding speakers. I've had them hooked up to a sony ta-4650 v-fet, a 70's rotel receiver (model forgotten) and a nad 3020. With all these amps rated at 40w rms or less the cerwins went very loud. They sounded pretty good too, especially on the rotel.

I scored a Carver tfm-55x (500w per channel into 4ohms) and am using the nad 3020 as a pre-amp. Now these speakers are sounding awesome no matter what volume they are played at. I like to listen to all sorts of music, Cat Stevens, Skrillex, old school R&B, Eva Cassidy, Tool, and they all sound good. The extra current and amps make these things sound really good. The arrangement in my lounge is far from optimal, I am not allowed to put them where I want them because the boss won't allow it so as far as imaging, soundstage and all that stuff is concerned I can't really comment. But tonally, they sound great. I have owned B&W, and Mission speakers that I really liked but there is a fullness to the sound of these Cerwins that I really appreciate. Sometimes I like to just crank it and feel my internal organs bounce too.

Btw, thanks to all the previous reviewers as I based my purchasing decision on these reviews and was definitely not let down. I will be passing these down to whichever of my kids takes me in when I get old (that way I can still listen to them).

Submitted by Dan Doyle a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2012

Bottom Line:
I have had these awesome VS-150 speakers for about 20 years and I have never had to do anything except replace a fuse or two within that time. These have been rocking my house for many years. The speakers still sound great and the cabinets are made extremely well. At the time I paid about $800 and that was the best investment I ever made. Truly a great speaker and would recommend these for anyone with the love of loud music but these are definitely not for apartments or condos unless you want to get kicked out.

Submitted by Brian Burkett a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2012

Bottom Line:
I have had my Cerwin Vega VS 150's for 16 years bought them brand new in 1995.
I have punished them for 16 years infact I am jamming to some red feed the machine as we speak. I push them with a HK AVR 147 these speakers have performed flawless and have never let me down. I will never part with them the best $800 ever spent!

In Ceiling - Polk RC80I vs Paradigm AMS 150

First Post here. Did some searches and found very little on in-ceiling speakers. Is this because they are not very popular? If they are not very popular, why? I am setting this up in a new house. I have wiring in the ceiling for HT 5.1 and a subwoofer on the floor in the back. Now to my q ... Read More »