Cerwin Vega VS 150 Floorstanding Speakers

4.5/5 (62 Reviews) MSRP : $540.00

Bass reflex - 15" woofer, 6.5" mid, 1" tweeter

Submitted by Craig a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2015

Bottom Line:
I purchased a pair of Cerwin Vega VS150s at a garage sale. I hooked them up to my Pioneer SX-1250 and they sound good until the volume gets to about 1/3 when the Bass really kicks in all of a sudden I have these LOUD "Pop" or "snap" sounds coming out with every kick of Bass. Just so disappointed I don't know what to do. Is it the cabinets being loose although I can't see if the backs are loose or not. Is it the receiver itself? Any advice would be greatly appreciated because I can feel that Bass starting to tremble the floor and I want to just rock the f@#k right out but can't! Ugh! Help!

Submitted by David H a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2015

Bottom Line:
I was lucky and picked these up at a yard sale for $10.
Thought I would strip them and sell parts. Once I tested them, wow!!
I have serial # 06 and 07.
You need space to play these. I live on an acre so I don't bother anyone
and don't let them breathe when the wife is home.
I have run them on a 77 Sony 100 watt amp (silver), a JBL pro amp 300 watt and
currently a 160 watt Luxman receiver. I never get over 40% since they are so loud,
yet clear. Bass is fantastic but mids and highs can be overpowering also.
These are 4 ohm and need a real power source, not a AV modern receiver unless built
for 4 ohm load.
I have a large room, about 34 by 30.
I'm running B&W DM14's on the other side when I want a change. (Less volume/wife home)
I've been through 40 speaker sets and the VS-150's are keepers.!

Submitted by Rune a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2015

Bottom Line:
i have cerwin vega vs 150 too its best to use 5ampere slow blow they play good lows and i am gonna have them all my life de bad ting is my tweeters are blown so i have to get new tweeters and refoam or a recone set and an stronger amp an i got the new sl5m by cerwin-vega so i got tweets till i got vs-150 tweets then its good i love this series best <3

Submitted by rick a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 20, 2014

Bottom Line:
anyone know the correct fuse to put in the cerwin vs 150 .great speakers but when I turn my amp to about 50% they loose there highs and it almost sounds muffeled or like they go mono ..I hook up my other cerwins 12s and not a problem ..I think I have a slow blown 3amp fuse in them .. and this might be the issue anyones help would be greatly appreciated

Submitted by Daniel Baumgartner a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2013

Bottom Line:
I've blasted these speakers With a techniques home Pro logic Dolby surround sound amplifier at 115 W per channel since 1997 they had never failed me diffuses only blown two times in the last 20 years these speakers rock! Cerwin Vega knows how to make a speaker!

In high school I use these in a theater at the Plano East senior high school theater to power and entire show Bayrock the whole theater that seats 2000 people these two Cerwin Vega VS 150 home floorstanding speakers they rock