Cerwin Vega LS-8 Floorstanding Speakers

4.11/5 (18 Reviews) MSRP : $340.00

8" 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers

Submitted by manlystanley a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2008

Bottom Line:
These are really rock and roll speakers. When I crank them up, they really sound great, but at lower volumes they lack a high end and just sound OK, but not great. We mainly listen to Christian Hymns and classical. So, we're not doing them justice. But, hey, for the price it works listening to a local Christian Family Radio station.

Purchased At:   Craigslist

Submitted by jason a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
what a deal! thats why i love frys!

Purchased At:   frys electronics

Submitted by Wireworm5 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
I needed biggar speakers after I blew the driver on a pair of Boston c-6 bookshelfs. I used these as my main speakers for a few months,along with a CV-LW10 Sub woofer. Big difference. Much richer sound. With the volume turned up, a snare drum sounds like a snare drum. Nice clean sound. Rated for 100 watts.
Recently however I upgraded my fronts to Paradigm monitor 7 v 2, and these regretfully are now my rears, where they aren't used to they're full potential.
If you buy these for rears, i just want you to know they can handle it.
Don't hear any humm in mine.

Purchased At:   Audio Warehouse

Submitted by weez82 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
When I saw the prices for these speakers at other stores for about $200 for the pair I had to get these. I already have the Sony SS-MB300H for my front speakers and needed some rears. I haven't been able to test them for rear speaker set up yet but have them in front. They put out more bass then my Sony's and the high are clean sounding. My only beef with these speakers and this is what is keeping them form being my front speakers is the lack of a mid-range. For $48 that I paid I can't really complain too much but for $200 (normal price) it should be there. Overall these sound damn good and if you can find a good deal as I did don't hesitate and go buy a pair.

p.s. If it helps anyone my Receiver is the JVC RX-6010VBK.

Purchased At:   Fry''s Electronics

Submitted by Joe a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
Replaced a pair of cheap Sonys and was impressed with the sound. I have been previewing much higher end speakers at higher end dealers; i.e Paradigm, B&W, PSB; and to my ear these sound pretty much the same. I am Using a Sony STRd450z receiver. I was going to go even higher end having just bought these LS-8 to transition, but I think I am going to stick with CV for the rest of my speakers.

Purchased At:   Frys