Cerwin Vega CMX-210-NA Floorstanding Speakers

4.5/5 (2 Reviews) MSRP : $1499.00

The Cerwin Vega CMX-210-NA CMX Series 10 4-Way Floor Speaker’s dual 10-inch Magnum powered subwoofers bring your movies and songs to life.

Submitted by Joseph - Pa a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 20, 2015

Bottom Line:
Wanted a decent sounding speaker at an low affordable price. Since I chose small Cerwin Vega speakers for the Audio unit in the basement - which has full quality sound, I decided to buy these for my Audio room.

They are very heavy. After allowing some time for the surrounds to 'break in' I found them pleasant for music enjoyment. I'm not a captive of Home Theatre - would not spend good money for good speakers JUST to listen to a car racing by in a movie.

Nearly all instruments and voice IS in the midrange and high frequency ranges therefore a speaker MUST be able to produce those frequencies accurately and clearly. I can not stress enough how important midrange reproduction in speakers is. If you can't understand the Lyrics...move on to something else. But these speakers do that quite well.
As far as the bass goes - they do a good job there too. BUT Classical music does not have much bass; Jazz just a little. If your thing is Rock or the other Genres - then this speaker is for you - just remember though you do not really want to listen to music by changing the music from the way it really sounds as recorded by overdoing the bass frequency.

Once I recorded a groups music (jam) session and gave a copy to a member of the group when the next day He gave it back - saying that is NOT the way our music sounds. He added "keep your fingers off the tone controls". I have grown up since then realizing my focus on bass was immature..
So there you have it - invariably there must be truth (VERITAS) in music.

These speakers have served me well for some time. A friend offered me good money for them - attesting to their continued value and demand.
I now (better finances) have two pair of high priced accurate tower speakers. I will not mention the name as this IS all about Cerwin Vega - a speaker company doing a very good job producing speakers for all kinds of music enjoyment.

"Chow"

Submitted by Boss306 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2012

Bottom Line:
I have owned my CMX-210 Cerwins for almost a year now and they are outstanding speakers for crisp clear sound, the price tag might scare alot of people but for the amount of speaker you get it was well worth it in my books. The bass these towers let off can be felt next door and heard down the block! 5 out of 5