Cerwin Vega AT-15 Floorstanding Speakers

4.44/5 (43 Reviews) MSRP : $1080.00

15" Woofer, (2)5" Mid and 1" Tweeter (1987-1997)

Submitted by Kevin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2016

Bottom Line:
Using a kenwood kr-9600 receiver . Pair of cv at-15s . Also a pair of cv u-351s . Buried my ears in both sets of cv speakers at the same time and I have got to say to say they seemed equal . Don't under estimate the cv u-351s . These fat ice-box-speakers also rock . Also have some cv dx-7s that are smaller but impressive . Googled and built some app.44in. Strong stands for the at-15s& u-351s . I like the falling sound up like that . Gonna put some massive vintage electrovoices on line -c- on my kenwood receiver to mix up the sound for a change . Another cool deep bass nostalgic sound .

Submitted by Matt a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2016

Bottom Line:
In 91, I wanted a system that I would have forever. I made the right choice. Onkyo integra and CW AT-15. I dare you to find a bad review on these speakers. Bass, bass, and more bass. I am only pushing 110 watts, they can handle over 400!. After 20 years I had the surrounds and voice coil replaced by licensed service center - I had my babies back!!! These speakers are truly one of a kind. Will never get rid of them. I paid a lot for them when the first came out, few hundred more to have them rebuilt - worth every penny.

Submitted by Joe s a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2016

Bottom Line:
bought these used for 200 bucks with a technics high powerd amp included , speakers were too big for my house so had to set them up in my workshop ,
as soon as i hooked everything up , and turned the volume up , my wife says the smile was worth every penny ,
20 years ago a salesman gave me a demo of a pair in store , and it was a memory i never forgot ,,when the chance to own a pair came around had no problem purchasing them they were a b ich to load and unload , they top about 90 lbs per speaker ,
i refoamed them back to the nice shiny red foams , also replaced one speaker terminal in the rear , re glued the cross bracing in them as the glue was no longer holding , ,
i also painted the raw particle board inside of the cabinets now they dont absorb moisture and smell like damp pressboard ,,
i will keep these forever because nothing comes close to the tight bass and sound quality of these ,
i have a pair of six inch cerwin vegas and the surround sound deal in my living room they don't compare at all , not even close ,,

for concert sound and feel ,, the at-15 s are the closest by far

Submitted by James LeMons a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2015

Bottom Line:
I bought my AT-15s when they first hit the market and was blown away by the quality of sound they produce. I still have them today and would not want to trade them for anything else. At the time I had an old Pioneer SX1280 that I was having a hard time finding a set of speakers that did it justice. The AT-15 were a great match and could handle more than what the SX1280 could put out. I far as I'm concerned there isn't a better speaker on the market.

Submitted by okieaudiophile a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2012

Bottom Line:
Purchased these at Circuit City in the early 90's for half price around $700. These have been great sounding speakers for over 20 years. Early on could not afford a big enough amp but my Pioneer vsx 1120 drives them fine. Also the automatic equalization smooths out some rough edges. No need for a sub with these babies they will shake the house. Recently had to replace foam surrounds on woofers. $29 bucks from simply speakers and speakers sound like new. Highly recommend buying used and fixing up worth the trouble.