Celestion F30 Floorstanding Speakers

3.71/5 (7 Reviews) MSRP : $449.00

• 3 way / bass reflex
  • Tweeter Titanium dome 19 mm (3/4")
  • Bass/ Midrange 2 x 130 mm (5 1/4") PP-coated driver
  • Frequency Range ( ±2dB ) 55 Hz - 20 kHz
  • Crossover frequency 3.5 kHz
  • Power handling 120 Watts
  • Sensitivity (2.83V/1m) 90 db
  • Impedance 8 Ohm

Submitted by Catmandoo a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2009

Bottom Line:
Paire payée 417$ can. incluant transport et taxes. Achetés chez Costco.ca. Ils remplacent une paire d' Electro-Voice Interface A des années 1970. Item que j'avais vu par hasard en faisant une recherche concernant un autre produit sur ce site. Celestion étant une marque anglaise que je connaissais de réputation, et compte tenu du prix plus que raissonnable, je les ai donc commandées. En comparant mes Interface aux Celestion, j'ai été renversé par leur " présence ", leur souci des détails et la véracité du rendu musical. Peut importe le matériel écouté. En utilisant un CD de test, les basses me sont apparues tout à fait crédibles sans excès, juste ce qu'il faut. L'ensemble sonate violoncelle et piano était velouté, surtout le violoncelle alors que le piano m'étonnait par son aplomb. Appareils utilisés: lecteur NAD 505, préamp. Marantz 3300, section amp. du récepteur Denon 1601. Plus tard, j'ajouterai des commentaires car je dois les essayer en mode cinéma ainsi qu'avec une platine vinyle.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Buffer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2008

Bottom Line:
Tried these puppies out on the jazz channel and listened to some different pieces with some added brass in the background (sax and trumpet) and (surprise) found myself not turning so quickly to a different channel but rather instead actually enjoying hearing their clearer, more subtle yet distinct and pleasing to the ear sounds coming from those 3/4 inch titanium tweeters rather than the usual harsh, irritating and grating sounds coming from the old silk dome tweeters that I had originally owned!

Purchased At:   A&B Sound Edmonton s

Submitted by kanebisa a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2007

Bottom Line:
I purchased these pair of F30 to replace the little front speakers came with my ONKYO receiver.
The first thing that got my attention was it's nice cherry-wooden finish, then I read it can handle 120w more than I need. Most speaker's impidance in the store was 6ohm and the F30 hahdle 8ohm, which match perfectly to my receiver.
I use them mostly as front for a 5.1 setup, at the beginning I used single wire to hook them, then bi-wired them and I noticed a change in the mids. The sound improved a lot, so I recomend people to bi-wire this speaker instead of using the bypass.
Then I learned I had to break in the speakers in order to get better sound, I had them breakin in for about 200 hour with all kind of music.
For the price paid I think this is a good speaker. Most people might think otherwise, but I think it's not the speaker's fault. I mean, many people get this 450 USD speaker and expect a 4500 USD spaker sound, which is quite impossible.
I compared the F30 to a 630 dollar YAMAHA when I was purchasing, and this one sounded far better than the Yamaha. The vocals are clearer, better mids and the bass is smoother.
The F30 has titanium dome tweeter, personally I like more this kind of tweeter than the soft dome. I consider it makes the high clearer, but it might sound too harsh for some listener. Well this is just my modest opinion.

Purchased At:   Liverpool

Submitted by RocknRum a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2006

Bottom Line:
A nice looking speaker. They arrived in great shape and I thought they sounded good until I compared them to other speakers. Just don't sound as good as older models of Celestions. I think that Celestion would want to protect their rep better than this. I find the sound pretty disappointing on all frequency ranges. I guess you only get what you pay for. Maybe sounds ok for quieter type of music.
I will probably sell mine.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by RocknRum a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2006

Bottom Line:

Revel F30 or F52? Are they worth the extra $$$?

Debating if I should spend over three times more ($1,100 vs $3,400 when comparing on the used market) to get the newer Revel F52 or go with the F30's. I listened to the F52 last week and loved it. Listened to the F30 five years ago and also enjoyed the speaker, I have no way of comparing these side ... Read More »

Revel F30 vs B&W 604S3 and Paradigm Studio 60's

I am looking to purchase new used tower speakers and have narrowed it down to these three. 90% will be listening to funk, jazz, and traditional rock. In listening to the B&W's and Revel's I was very impressed, but it is hard to make a decision on the spot. I am interested in your thoughs/feedback. ... Read More »