Canton Ergo 22 Floorstanding Speakers

4.8/5 (5 Reviews) MSRP : $1000.00

2 way bass reflex

Submitted by neruda a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2010

Bottom Line:
Bought them half a year ago from local hi-fi dealer for around 330GBP. i was advised by a friend of mine who owned these loudspeakers for last 8 years. I was amazed of how they reproduced music material with details and clearness combining huge stage and strict localisation. Tried them biwired with Norrdost Red Dawn and single-wired with Chord Epic and Kimber jumpers. To my subjective opinion these Canton Ergo 22 dc are one of the best loudspeakers at price range up to 600GBP which are really worth to be listen to.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by joe balzer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2007

Bottom Line:
I'm very impressed. Having purchased these speakers on word-of-mouth and audio reveiws alone, I couldn't be happier.
By my sons count, I have owned no fewer than 20 pairs of speakers dating back to my college days. Frankly, I have owned nothing contemporarially that could touch these in terms of clarity and bass accuracy (for their size)...I did own a pair of ADS710s that rivalled these (that had to be sold to pay tuition in my college years), but nothing since had come close... til I purchased the Cantons.
As with all music, audio equipment should be purchased in accordance with musical taste. If you are like myself and prefer Jack Johnson and Nora Jones over Jay Z, you would be well served by buying these speakers. The vocal clarity and the depth of the instrumental accompaniment will rival live performances.
Needless to say, good stands and decent associated equipment help; each upgrade that I have made has made these speakers shine that much more.
I have no reservations about inequivically recommending these speakers to anyone looking for good speakers in the under $1000 range...yes, I have payed far more for far less sonic performance.

Purchased At:   e-bay

Submitted by streetpaper a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 10, 2004

Bottom Line:
Wow. I mean WOW. I picked these up on a tip from a friend, who is a BIG Canton speaker junkie. I've personally never heard of them. I figured they're some off-brand no-name speaker. NO WAY. These guys make some AWESOME STUFF. These Ergo 22 speakers are 2002 model year speakers. They're normally around $1000 a pair. I picked them up for $200 at a local store of mine that is going out of business. I couldn't believe how alive they sounded. My only beef was that they only had these in white. I really wanted a cherry color or silver or black. But I put them in a built in wall unit, so you don't really see the speakers. Anyhow, after a sufficient time listening to these, I must say they are just plain beautiful. Not too bright, not too tight. If there is a perfect speaker, THIS IS IT. These speakers are gods gift to mankind. I mean, WOW WOW WOW.

Purchased At:   The Great Indoors

Submitted by Anders a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have owned several smaller speakers
during a perid of more than 15years and
my expectations on this speaker was not
to high but when i connected them to my
audiosystem at home and adjusted them
in my livingroom I must say that I was truly chocked!,. I have never heard a
speaker in this size with so detailed and
clear sound combined with an really
awesome bass in every sound level, you
can really play very loud with theese ones
without any signs of strss at the speakers. They are so good that they will
replace many twice as large and more expensive speakers. If you are locking for a small speaker with a BIG SOUND this
is it. I really recommend them.

Purchased At:   Private used

Submitted by Stephan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is a wonderful, balanced sounding speaker. It does everything so well and reveals details that one may never have heard. It is essential to have good components to maximize their sound quality, but these are definitely audiophile level transducers. They are very accurate and musical. One can listen to them for extended periods and be thrilled. There is no harshness, and a general lack of coloration to the sound. The proof is in their wonderful sound and lack of excessive brightness. You will not easily tire of their remarkable smooth detail and accuracy.

Equipment used:
Nad T760, 5.1 Receiver
Nad T550, DVD
Canton AV700, Center
Canton Plus X, Rear
Sunfire True Subwoofer Jr.
Monster's High Performance Audio Cables