Cambridge Soundworks T200 Floorstanding Speakers

• Impedance: 8-Ohms
  • Gold plated binding posts

Submitted by andyshedd a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2010

Bottom Line:
I listened to these speakers for a few months, and I enjoyed them. But then upon hearing another set in comparison found these to be very plain and unexciting. The other reviewer said they were very balanced-sounding, which may be the reason for them sounding plain to me. Usually speakers with extra bass and treble seem to sound better. I'm going to try to get them back from a friend and give them another listen. I got them cheap from a Cambridge Soundworks outlet. They seem to have disappeared from most retailers stock.

Submitted by stevenfritz a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2006

Bottom Line:
very ciean great imining good for all music best for mid size rooms plays clan at hi volum no cliping i had m60 on stands big step in base and mid good locking no complant from wife a big step up from t100 if runing powed subno ned for the t300

Purchased At:   cambridgesoundworks

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2006

Bottom Line:
Pair of T200, Cambridge soundworks, Creative Labs, about $700

About 50 lbs per. The workmanship is fine. The mahagony veneer makes it even look like a single piece of wood hallowed out.

I ran a tone sweep from 32 Hz up to 20 kHz and noticed no (zero) volume changes. Not to say there isn't, just none stood out. I believe it's spec'ed (if you can find any) at +/- 1.5 dB over most of the important range. I believe it. I was especially shocked (!) at how much output there was at 35 Hz.

I don't know why 5 and 1/4" drivers are spec'ed because they are more like 4 inches including the surround! Yup, only 4 inchers, but 4 of them for the bass. OUtput was very, very loud in this mostly dead 12 x 17 room from a Denon AVR-485 (about 80 W/ch x 7). I source from a computer, using an X-Fi elite pro (also Creative), using wav, flac, wma-lossless, m4a, etc., out the 5.1 analog outputs (very fine DACs on this soundcard -- elite, you know).

I bought the B-stock. I can't tell, and I believe these usually are labelled B-stock (I've bought B-stock here before) so maybe they just sell the regulars if no real B-stock is available. They list here at $800, but online it's $999.

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2006

Bottom Line:
Pair of T200, Cambridge soundworks, Creative Labs, about $700

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2006

Bottom Line:
Pair of T200, Cambridge soundworks, Creative Labs, about $700

Purchased At:   cambridge online