Bozak LS-200A
Description: Small, ported floorstanding 2-way speaker with 8" aluminum woofer and 1" tweeter from Vifa.

Submitted by zuben80r a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2009

Bottom Line:
I found these old speakers at a garage sale and didn't really look at them until the owner said they go with her old Onkyo TX-1500 mkii. So, I checked them out and they seemed nice. I brought them home and hooked up my new find and they are great speakers! The Danish-made drivers are very sweet and brilliant! The upper end is what shows the most on these, with the lower register being nice, firm, and not boomy. It seems this lady had been under-driving them all these years with a weak 15-20 wpc Onkyo. With a solid 75 wpc coming from my Marantz 1150, it really took charge! The only thing I don't like about these is that the midrange is not there as much as I love out of the likes of KEF or old Dahlquist DQ-10s (or any decent speaker without such a huge size gap between tweeter and woofer). No doubt, the midrange is good, but would do so much better with a dedicated dome midrange. I have heard of people tweaking the x-over and making a new cabinet for them, but I like to keep things OEM. Great speakers overall!