Boston Acoustics 10.5LF Floorstanding Speakers

10-inch Subwoofer

Submitted by Kenneth Johnson a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2003

Bottom Line:
I just had to write something in regard to Philips review, he is obviously a complete douche bag who has no idea as to what he is talking about. First of all these subs are the sh*t. Second of all these subs are the sh*t, get my drift?
I have nothing else to say except:

THESE SUBS ARE THE SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kenneth Johnson

P.S. These subs are the sh*t!

Purchased At:   Bryn Mawr Stereo

Submitted by rob808 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2003

Bottom Line:
all i have to say is that i have to agree with u blake.even tho i dont own the pro series subs i do own two c1000's and they hit bass notes tightly and accurately.recommended power says from 50-850 but i believe they can handle more than what they rated this sub for.i have been listening to car audio on and off for several yrs and by far these are one of the best sounding subs for its price.am planning tho to get the rc 620 to complete my system.3 ways are jus to expensive for my tastes..lol

Submitted by Blake a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2001

Bottom Line:
OK - Phillip is a dumbass. He claims that the sub did not have a lot of power. Sounds like a spoiled little 15 year old brat to me. Phillip - speakers do not MAKE power. Amplifiers are the only thing that make power. Dumbass. I think what Phillip here is trying to say is that HE didnt have enough power. Look kid - this is not street bass here. This is a sound quality subwoofer. It is not for SPL. I have a single pro 10 in my explorer and it sounds soooo good. I have been and car audio for several years, and i have never heard a more accurate woofer. Bass guitar sounds like it is comming from the front speakers of the car, etc. PS - Phil - you are not an audiophile. I would recomend this speaker to people who actually listen to MUSIC - not boom CDs.

Purchased At:   DeCa Autosound

Submitted by Thomas Ruff a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2000

Bottom Line:
Let me start by saying that I have this sub in a box made just for it right to spec. It is a good sounding sub for slower types of music, but if you want to play somthing fast you need to look elsewhere for a sub. I am not sure if it is all Boston subs that bottom out, but mine does horribly. It can not handle fast bass from the likes of Metallica, or Slipknot. This is not the first Boston Accoustic product that I have put in my truck. I have the 6.5 pro series in the front and 5x7 in the rear and they sound awsome. I used to have a older set of Boston pro subs and they were much better then the one that I have now. I am running it with a Rockford Fosgate punch 4080 bridged, so it is not a power problem. Also, the price is way to high for this sub. imo.

Submitted by Mike Hull a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 20, 2000

Bottom Line:
Awesome can't be beat for the box size requirements. Can handle the power reach the lowest of frequencies and do it acurately. The firstreview is messed up from what he described he must have not followed the recommendations in stuck it in a to big prefabcitated box, or even bandpass. This sub doesn't work well in a bandpass box. Little bit expensive but it takes up no space and sounds great go hear them for yourself.