Bose 6.2 Floorstanding Speakers

3.73/5 (15 Reviews) MSRP : $600.00

8" Woofer and (2) 3" Tweeters (Discontinued)

Submitted by Todd a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2017

Bottom Line:
The 6-2 speakers have quality sound but not that deep bass but I've had no problems with them they can handle just about anything from Jimi Hendrix to Rob Zombie and if there's like bass but there's acoustic and quality sound that I have no troubles with it might lack a little bit of range because of the speaker with but I have no troubles whatsoever with him
My description is more like an acoustic and I enjoyed vinyl records and particular sound not just slop that makes any sense I like the quality of it and it's not a big bass kind of speaker

Submitted by Rush2112 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2008

Bottom Line:
Let me start by saying I need another pair of 2-way or 3-way 8" base driver speakers like I need a hole in the head, but alas... I can't seem to walk past a reasonably priced pair of speakers no more than I can walk past a penny on the ground without bending down to pick it up. I've also never been a huge Bose fan, nothing against Bose, I like them in general, just not something I really look for. With that being said I wasn't expecting much when I purchased these, but the price seemed right and I thought at minimum I'd have no trouble getting my money back as a brief audition showed they were at minimum in good working order.

After a few weeks of listening and running them through my ususal tests.... Pink Floyd, Animals, Dark Side of the Moon, Atom Heart Mother, Rush 2112, Hemispheres and so on I've decided to keep them. I wish I could give the perspective buyer alot of good audiophile lingo but I'm just a guy who pops in a CD and cranks the volume way up and finds the edge of the envelope. I can tell you they seem fairly neutral, not overly boomy (yet still some good punch) and not too bright. To be totally honest, I would'nt pay $550-$600 (new) as I've heard far better for not much more money but at todays e-bay and craig's list prices of between $75 and $125 bucks I'd say you could do far worse. I feel at $40 they are a very good purchase. At that price, and for the type of music I listen to, it would be hard to be disapointed.

Purchased At:   garage sale

Submitted by Cole Gill a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2006

Bottom Line:
I bought my beloved Bose 6.2's in 1996. The year on the bottom says 1988.

I was working at FutureShop at the time, and really started to get to know my stuff. Although I had been a fan of Bose for years, I had never really spent any time listening to them. Outside the store, our hot dog vendor named Scooter was a real audio nut (having B&W, Velodyne, NAD, etc). He told me he had a set of Bose speakers and he wanted 20 bucks for them. Needless to say I jumped at the opportunity and went to his house the same evening and bought them without even listening to them. I would definitely say this is the best electronics purchase I have ever made in my life (and working at FutureShop, I have made a lot of purchases).

For the first 3 years, they barely got any use. I was using them with a pair of Sony 10" tower speakers in a 4 speaker setup with my Aiwa 55 watts x2 RMS receiver. They then went to a friend's hair salon, where they were barely tested at volume 1.5 for the next five years. I got them back again in 2004 and used them exclusively in our DJ room. This is when I really started appreciating them. We have been shaking the house for the last 3 years with only these speakers.
We currently play funky progressive house music and run 2 Technics 1200mk3's, Vestax mixer, and as loud as my Aiwa receiver will go without distorting (the 2nd best electronics purchase I have ever made).

The funny thing is they are sitting on a pair of Gigantic custom made tower speakers, acting as stands. My favourite thing is when we have parties(we have had lots) and the house music is pumping, I ask a newcomer what they think of the sound. They usually say 'friggin awesome, those speakers are huge'. I then point out the fact that its only the small Bose speakers actually pumping all the sound. I can say I have turned many non believers into Bose fans.

Thank you Dr. Bose for creating these beauties. I would like to be buried with them. They will never leave me EVER again!

Purchased At:   Hot dog vendor

Submitted by BARRYnTX a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2004

Bottom Line:
I had always heard that Bose speakers were special, apart from the crowd, but had never really had the opportunity to listen to a set. I was lucky enough to find a very clean pair of Bose 6.2 at a garage sale. The asking price was $75, I offered $40 and got them. I took them home, disconnected my 35 year old KLH's and hooked up the Bose. I couldn't believe what I was hearing! I was absolutely astounded. I had no idea that my music could sound as good as it did. My wife and I spent that first weekend listening to a wide variety of music in our library: rock, classical, blues, opera and so on. It was as if we were listening to our music for the very first time. I'm sure there are better new speakers out there at retail stores but at prices way beyond what I'm willing to spend. These Bose 6.2's are going to give me years of listening pleasure.

Purchased At:   Garage Sale

Submitted by wrathwilde a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2004

Bottom Line:
Yes, I bought into the hype and bought these speakers without hearing them first, mainly because I couldn't afford the 901's. These speakers are incredible for the size. Everybody, and I mean everybody who has ever heard them thinks they are incredible. Smooth as silk. Tight Bass, never boomy, even at levels way beyond their rating. these are 4ohm speakers so my system could drive them to 240 per channel. You cannot blow these speakers. When I bought them I didn't know they had a power handling system. A friend of mine brought over his 400W per channel 8ohm (800W 4ohm) Onyko and hooked them up to see what they'd do with some real power. We played Sisters of Mercy - Vision Thing at 3/4 power. this is a very heavy clean bass recording, never in my life have I experienced such a powerful, clean bass. I am not kidding, it didn't feel like the room was shaking, standing about 10 feet from the speaker it felt like the bass was quite literally moving right through me in its journey across the room. to give you some idea of how hard these speakers were driven, we noticed a glow starting to come out of the bass port rising and falling with each beat, we drove these speakers so hard that the power overload circut was turning white hot, it was a pulsing white light out of the speaker port. the speakers didn't blow. on a scale of 1 to 10 these speakers sounded a 10 when I bought them, a 8 after that night, I still have people, 10 years later remark about how good my speakers sound. I still can't believe the bass from that night, I have never, at any concert or anywhere else experienced bass that literaly felt like it was punching a hole right through my chest with no distortion.

Purchased At:   crutchfield in 1991