Blueroom Minipod Floorstanding Speakers

4.42/5 (24 Reviews) MSRP : $479.00

2-way, 4th order cyber-organic speakers.

Submitted by Kabosh a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
Heard these in the store, and they didn't sound bad, then saw them on ebay for half the price and picked them up.

All and all good sound comes out of these things, but the best thing I found with them was placement. It was dead simple. Took all of about 5min to get great sound out of them. Later I played around with the placement, and found that most places, angles, and distances produced just about the same good sound. This was a bit of a surprise as other speakers varied wildly in different positions.

Overall good clear mids and highs. Not the greatest in the lows (no big surprise). Needs a fast/tight sub.

Other people have commented on the binding posts. I agree with most of them. The stock posts are pretty bad, but they are easy to replace. Just about any good standard spade post will do. Replaced mine with some Cardas copper, and life was much better.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by ciscokid1970 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
I love bookshelf speakers, I am always looking to upgrade one of the three pairs I have. So I figured with all the buzz I would try the blueroom speakers.

I bought them, hooked them up and gave a quick listen...not bad. So I let them break in, 2 days at enough volume to keep the cones moving.

Highs were good, mids were good and upper bass was good. I have to say I liked the way the shape reduced in-cabinet interference. I opened one up and noticed the nice crossover and good driver quality.

BUT HERE ARE THE PROBLEMS I FOUND:
1. The construction is poor, very poor for almost $500 a pair. It feels like they took nice drivers and put them in a cheap plastic enclosure like those found at k-mart.

2. Price is almost Boseish. Seriously for this price you can buy B&W 601s, JM Lab 706, PSB 2B or even Triangle Titus. Any of those speakers will spank the blue room speakers.

Don't get me wrong they sound good, are different and impressive for their size.

But for less money you get equal or better sound:
B&W dm303
Acoustic energy ages one
Warfdale diamond 8.2
Heybrook hb2

Purchased At:   blueroom

Submitted by Leon a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
An absolutely fantastic value and among the most articulate speakers I have ever heard, the Blueroom Minipod is unbeatable at twice its MFRP of $480. The cabinet design, while controversial, provides for an enormous sweet spot and makes placement a breeze. I would recommend looking elsewhere for a pair of stand alone main speakers as the bass response, while fast, is very thin. However, when used with a subwoofer, the Minipods provide soaring highs that even the most astute listener will appreciate. I must agree with other reviewers: the break-in period is a long one. With a little patience, a quality subwoofer and not a whole lot of power, the Blueroom Minipod will outperform just about any bookshelf or satellite speaker in production.

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by Josh Irving a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
I've had these for a while now, but only recently got good equipment to go with them:

Amp: Creek 4330R
CDP's: Reviewing various:

Marantz 67SE,
Rotel 971,
Arcam 7SE

With a MSB Link DAC3

Anyhow I just modded them by adding a few layers of fiberglass internally (very messy and unpleasant job)...

WOW what a difference in definition and clarity :)

And now works equally well at lower volumes too.
Treble is cleaner also.

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by NotQytRyt a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2002

Bottom Line:
These are the best speakers Ive ever heard for under $500. Slightly larger than a foot tall... but. thats the only thing little about them. BIG sound.. they match my AR-S50s for volume. these speakers are extremely accurate. I have nothing bad to say about them.. and for a 5.4 inch woofer.. youde sweare it was a 12"... no this will not replace your subwoofer...DUH..

Purchased At:   blueroom.com

I got a blueroom minipod and im looking for a reciever I need ur guys help!

hey everyone I'm a newbie to this but i just got a blueroom minipod. I was wondering which reciever should i get. I'm willing to pay about $1500 for both receiver and dvd player. So please let me know what brand, models are hot right now.please let me know as soon as possible. thank you very muchRead More »