B.I.C. America VS-504 Floorstanding Speakers

4.33/5 (3 Reviews)

Floorstanding Di-pole

Submitted by kevin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 27, 2000

Bottom Line:
im an audio enthusiast as well as a retail salesman. i have compared these speakers side by side with $2000.00 a pair klipsch and found many qualities that i could not do without. these spks will fill a room with sound BETTER than any other on our showroom floor. absolutly phenominal sound at the price. the only thing i would replace mine with would be out of my ballpark on price. only one negative that i can think of is that they do have a little trouble with heavy loads at high volumes, but DO NOT pass on these for under $400

Submitted by D a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2000

Bottom Line:
Wow, the sound that comes out of these is pretty amazing, considering cost and the size of the drivers. I got mine for under 200/pair w/shipping. I would never thought you could that bass extension from a pair of 5in drivers, BIC's venturi system does wonders for that. The Bipolar design has made me a convert, I didn't believe the amount of fullness of sound that envelopes my room. They are used as the second set of front speakers right now, will be placed as the rears when I go Digital and change room configurations. I only drawback I hear from these is the forward midrange(voices seem to overpower) and every so often you can kind of hear the 5in drivers struggle a little. Overall no way I could have gone wrong with these speakers for price/quality. Have made me a BIC fan. Now I sit back and enjoy these until I want to make that jump to 2k-5k speakers. They don't get a 5 overall because they are not perfect, but in their class(550/pr list) they are competetive. For the price that I got them for it is a no brainer.

Submitted by matt lavelle a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 23, 1999

Bottom Line:
i just recently bought these speakers for 112.00 A PAIR! i figured for that price i could atleast use them when in the garage working but boy i was wrong! i own a set of rs-4, bose 301, and an older set of ar studio monitors and this blows them away! completely amazed! the di-pole really helps the mids and highs out! highly recommend these speakers if you can find them. any questions give me a ring!