B.I.C. America Venturi V-52si Floorstanding Speakers

4.7/5 (20 Reviews) MSRP : $95.00

6.25in woofer, 0.5in tweeter, shielded

Submitted by irvin1000 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2003

Bottom Line:
I never experienced any of the harshness in the upper end of the spectrum that a few reviewers referenced and who said that they had to have the crossovers adjusted. The "effect" may have been alleviated in subsequent models, as mine were a 2002 product.

I added a BIC powered subwoofer to the equation to compensate for the loss of low end bass, and I now I hate to go to bed at night!

I had BIC Venturi Formula 2's and Formula 4's when in college many years ago. I was pleased to see that the company's innovation, quality, and value were still present 20 years later!

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by Dave Johnson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have the OLD BIC V52si speakers, the ones before they messed up the crossovers.
I have many other bic speakers besides these.
I use these in my bedroom system.
They are simply the best speakers you can find at this price range period.

Submitted by m58dh a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
Excellent entry into great sound!

Purchased At:   E-bay

Submitted by dmutki a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
These little speakers can match anything at 2-3 times the price. I've had these for a year and am shocked at how good they sound. They keep up with my mains (Wfdale EM 97). Though, of course, bass is diminished, the BICs can rumble without clipping.
Surprisingly detailed as well.
I've heard that the Venturi 62's are even better.
These can easily serve as main speakers in a small room.

Purchased At:   ubid.com

Submitted by Jim Lewis a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought these to use as surrounds with three B&W's in the front. It's hard to complain about a set of speakers that sound this good for less than $100, but not impossible. These speakers have been described as "bright". That's a nice way of saying pain-inducingly shrill. I have played them at moderate volume levels for days to see if they would warm up a bit, but they have not. It's a shame that this sonic assault distracts from their many other qualities. Since they were so inexpensive I will be sending the crossovers to Ed to see if his mod lives up to the hype.
These speakers have incredible accuracy and detail for the price, and the soundstage is very good for this size of a speaker. However, they can't match the amazing combination of detail, warmth, and openness that the B&W's possess. At three times the price the B&W's are a lesson in diminishing returns, but sometimes you have to pay a lot for the little something extra.

Purchased At:   uBid