B.I.C. America RTR-EV15 Floorstanding Speakers

Standing ovation. Show your music the appreciation it deserves by playing it loud, sharp, and crystal clear with the RTR-EV15 floor-standing speaker. A high-efficiency horn tweeter hits just the right notes for unforgettable performances. From BIC.

Submitted by Eric a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2015

Bottom Line:
I recently set up another sound system for analog only listening. Since my vintage Sansui QRX is so dam powerful and loud my other digital systems speakers didn't sound right.
I bought the Eviction Series speakers used in great condition. They sounded super nice with the Sansui. Detailed highs and mids. The bass seemed to lag or lack the ultra lows even for 15" woofers. The bass was tight, quick, and short. No "boom" or the woof you'd expect from a 15" driver. Next I experimented and added a powered subwoofer (I own 3, BA 10", 2 Velodynes: DSP10 & CHT12). The EVs were wired to the receiver only, not the sub. The sub sound helped holding hands with the EV-15s.
I listen to a lot of drum & bass, jungle, jazz, and death metal which demand speakers that can keep up.
These did play nice, then one day one speaker's woofer just ceased working. Just quit.
So I contacted the manufacture by phone and email, even though they are located 20 minutes away from my home. No return call. No return email until 10 days later stating I could fill out the warrantee claim form, send it and the original purchase receipt and they'll take it from there. I bought them used and no recipt, so I am stuck with a giant silent black brick. Soon I'll open the speaker for the reason no sound emits.
It was fun while it lasted.
No amplifiers used
2 stars because I've never had a speaker suddenly stop partially working and the less than professional customer service. A big let down even if my other EV-15 still sounds great...wow..one speaker stereo system, oh boy!
Note: I'm not saying B.I.C.'s speakers are poor. I am a bit hard on my equipment. Not like that you sickos.