B.I.C. America D1010R Floorstanding Speakers

3.75/5 (8 Reviews) MSRP : $300.00

High-current 150-Watt amp coupled to long throw 10" woofer handles extremely high volume levels without audible distortion. Patented "venturi" vent enhances low bass out-put.

Submitted by rkfountain a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought this sub almost a month ago and I can tell you I'm very pleased. For 145 bucks I got a 10" sub that rattles my family room! This sub may not compare to the higher end 500 dollar subs but then you aren't spending 500 bucks. I plan on replacing the 5 sony speakers that compliment my BIC sub with BIC speakers. Anyway, I am very pleased with this sub, I just watched pearl harbor with the sub on notch 5 of 10...my heart raced with anticipation of each bomb and each explosion!! Some other notes, this sub doesn't pop when the auto on feature kicks in...also there is no hissing or popping of any sort when turning it off or on.

Purchased At:   spectravox.com

Submitted by Justin Bruhns a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
this addes great bass to my system. My system includes 2 technics 2 SB-T200's
Klipsch KV-1 Center
Rears are Klipsch Quintet

The built in crossover works nicley, I have turned mine up to volume 5 and it rattles deep low bass well. Great sub for the price I got it for. However I may mention that it took ubid 2 weeks and 1 day to get this to me.

Purchased At:   UBID they are slow

Submitted by Marc C a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2001

Bottom Line:
Well, I just got this the other week and I had a chance to hook it up in my new place this weekend. I am using a JVC 9000 receiver and hooked it up to the subwoofer with a Monster cable. . . very shielded cable I might add. I also plugged it into a Monster power cleaning strip. Anyway, when I started to turn up the volume, a very noticable humming sound showed up, and behind the humming i could hear radio voices. No matter what I did to this component (moved it around the room, tried different outlets, tried a different cable) the noise wouldn't go away.
No other speaker or component in this system has interfearence of any kind coming though it. As it is right now, this component is basically unusable. There is so much noise that if I turn it up to a level I can hear it, the noise if very noticeable.
I talked with a guy at Magnolia HiFi about this problem and he gave me a number of things to try, all of which have not worked. He said he had seen this one other time at a customers house, and the subwoofer was made by the same company. He thought it was because there wasn't enough shielding in the woofer itself, but he couldn't be sure.
Ugh! Not sure what to do. I'm pretty sure it isn't the receiver, but I'm going to try it on a different one tonight just to be sure.
Don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

Purchased At:   ubid

Submitted by Jim a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 18, 2001

Bottom Line:
The BIC in my system is used for the LFE. I've set it up w/ 4 Klipsch Quintet series Front/Surrounds and an SC-1 center channel. Thanks to the built-in crossover (60-180Hz) and volume controls, the sub blends in perfectly with the rest of the system. Bass is relatively tight at most volume levels, and only seems to go out of bounds if you really push it with music.

All said, I'm very happy with this piece of equipment. It's not a Sunfire by any means, but for ~$150, it does a great job.

Purchased At:   uBid.com

Submitted by Marvin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
I use a BIC D1210R for my LFE and the D1010R for my rear Dolby Digital EX soundstage. Let me tell you, if you don't use a subwoofer for your rear soundstage, you are definitely NOT going to get the most out of your system.
Using dipole, bipole or direct radiating speakers alone for the rear will not allow you to experience the full bandwith
that Doly Digital offers. The D1010R is a nice, affordable
subwoofer that's not boomy and the quality and workmanship is comparable to more expensive models. Placement of the D101R is also not a problem. There is no "pop" when you turn it off or when it is activated from standby mode. As
far as I am concerned, BIC has the BEST customer support department I have ever dealt with. The representatives name is Jeff. He is patient, honest and very knowledgeable about BIC products. A word about UBID delivery: I ordered a second D101R using Fed EX as the delivery service trying to save two or three dollars. When I arrived home one evening I noticed a small Fed EX van pulling out of my driveway. I thought it was rather strange that it wasn't the usual large truck. I picked up the D101R box and there was a huge hole in the side of it and the side of the subwoofer speaker was damaged. I called Fed EX and I was told it would take 30 days to resolve the claim. I called UBID and I was credited the $99 to my account in about 7 days. Here is the point: DON'T use Fed EX for UBID home delivery. The driver KNEW the box was torn and the speaker was damaged (you could see the speaker) and he still delivered it. He didn't stop to explain what the claim procedure was or help to inspect the damaage; he just smiled and waved as he pulled off. This is NOT a complaint against UBID, they were very professional. Use UPS...believe me it is worth the extra money UBID charges.

Purchased At:   UBID