Axiom Speaker Company Millennia M50 Ti Floorstanding Speakers

4.36/5 (11 Reviews) MSRP : $828.00

You'll be thrilled with the clean bass produced by the M50's twin aluminum woofers! Its titanium tweeter delivers silky and detailed highs with a smooth, pleasant midrange . Great on its own for home audio, and wonderful as the powerhouse in a home theater speaker system.

Submitted by Rick Z a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 6, 2005

Bottom Line:
I tried and sent back the M50Ti speakers. Due to the dual cabinet ports, I thought that it was difficult to position the speakers for good bass output. I heard coloration in the midrange that is the same tone you hear when you tap on the aluminum 6.5" midrange/woofers with your finger. Construction is good but the cherry wood vinyl is dull and does not go well with real cherry furniture as was in my room. At $300+ for each speaker, you can do much better.

Purchased At:   Axiom.com

Submitted by kjasey a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2005

Bottom Line:
There's a reason why there is a gap in the reviews between the M22s and the M60's. Ive owned the M22s and they have an excellent sweet spot. Its a great little bookshelf but i needed something with a little more power and soundstage for home theatre. That brings me to the M50s. They indeed have more power but the musicality and openess isn't there. You have to turn them up really high to get performance out of them. When watching movies they lack detail as L&R channel. Your better off with the M22s. I havent heard the M60s but i believe its worth the extra money to upgrade because the extra midrange woofer makes a huge difference when it comes to detail. Dont let Axiom fool you with there overwhelming reviews....most of them are contrived. If you have a pair..take out the woofer and you will see the lack of quality put into this speaker. Check out the silly bucking magnet for shielding. Good speakers but nothing more.

Purchased At:   Axiom

Submitted by Stbean a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2004

Bottom Line:
Overall quality of the speakers upon inspection was excellent. Beautiful boston cherry wood. They seemed more like 1000 dollar speakers. I connected them to a harman kardon reciever(avr125)and panasonic dvd-f85k. I listened to "crush" track of Paul Van dyke's Reflections cd. I chose this track because I love techno/dance music and this track is an excellent production with a very tight drum section and tight bass.
The highs produced by these speakers were amazing---crystal clear, though a bit brighter than my alesis reference monitors but I was expecting that being right out of the box. The mids were good also. The 303ish like synth stood out very clear in the midrange. Bass was tight and defined but but may require a subwoofer to really feel the punch of the kick drum.

Purchased At:   Axiomaudio.com

Submitted by cazimero a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2003

Bottom Line:
Let me start by saying, I agree with what everybody is saying about this company's customer service and sales policies. Patient, very friendly, helpful people on the phone, the price included FedEx 3 day shipping, speakers arrived as scheduled, packed in double boxes, I bought the factory "B" stock and can't find a single blemish anywhere on them, etc, etc. Couldn't have been a more enjoyable or painless transaction......
Now for the sound - I bought these Axiom's M50-Ti's for my front mains, a pair of Axiom M3-Ti bookshelfs for surrounds and an Axiom VP-100 for the center channel. Immediately after hooking them all up I sat down in my easy chair, and popped in a few CD's to give them a listen. Initially I was somewhat disappointed - all the speakers sounded harsh to me - much too bright and rather unrefined. However, I remembered reading so many other reviewers comments about having to break in new speakers, so instead of losing hope, I just began playing them for about 8 hours a day while I was at work, by feeding them one of the digital music channels my cable company serves up. I began that process on a Monday. That following Friday evening (about 40 hours of playing time later) I sat down again to give them another serious listen. I was stunned. I don't know when it happened, but all of a sudden it seemed like I was listening to an entirely different set of speakers. All the harshness I had previously experienced was gone. Instead, the sound coming out of them was ultra clear but rich and deep and warm. Highs are almost "tinkly" sounding - very sweet and smooth, the mid's are hard to describe - rich and deep - actually the word that comes to mind is "presence" -incredible presence -I can actually hear the artist's breathing! I'm hearing sound details on my favorite, well-listened-to CD's I've never even heard before! The lows, while not ultra-low (my Boston Acoustics PV-600 subwoofwer takes care of those quite nicely)are rich and warm and very tight, very musical.....Bottom line! I am absolutely thrilled!! I've been doing nothing but playing music ever since. I even dusted off my turntable and pulled out a few of my old (but well cared for) vinyl LP's. What a revelation! I have never heard them sound like this!! Ok,Ok - so I'm not a audio fanatic who's used to listening to audio components costing many thousands of dollars (in fact the speakers these replaced were some old Yamahas I've had for about 20 years, although they were nicely built - weighed about 40 lbs each with 12" woofers, etc - heck, I used to think they sounded pretty good...) Well, the difference between these and my old Yamahas is dramatic. I just can't imagine home audio speakers sounding any better than these Axioms, regardless of the price. Getting all 5 of these speakers for $1,000 delivered - what a bargain! And to think these might actually get better with a little more break-in time - what a scary thought. I just can't get enough of this sound and obviously, I just couldn't be happier with these speakers. If you're in the market for speakers, from small bookshelfs all the way up to free standing, sound stage monsters, you owe it to yourself to check out this high quality company and it's high quality products. Because they have no distribution network in the U.S. they're still kind of a well kept secret. Not for long, I'll bet.....

Purchased At:   Axiom Audio - factor

Submitted by Jeff Smith a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 28, 2003

Bottom Line:
Great Company! Its nice to be able to talk to the same extremely helpful people anytime you need help. The sound is very good. With time I know they will sound better. They look great considering the amount of money spent. The majority of the money goes where it should the sound. Cant wait to get the vp120 center channel and Qs8's one day. Take the jump and audition this great brand. Call Alan an he will help you pick the right speakers for you.

Purchased At:   axiom